NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

It seems like you can make presets using the demo, but it is a Windows only thing because no VST2 for Mac OSX.

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options
  • djdarkness
    djdarkness Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

OK. Just gave the dsp56300emu a shot. Wow this sounds stunning! I tried this when it was still new last year and with the stability improvements it's running like a dream here! Thank you sooo much for these nks files!!! It's also made accessing the synth easier as I use a screen reader. Good stuff!

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

The virus_cl_061 rom was much less a cpu hog. The only big thing missing is the supersaw waveform.

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Hello. It's a long-shot to be sure, but just curious whether anyone made NKS presets for Roli's Equator 2 synth? I was recently gifted a Seaboard Rise 49, but the software isn't the most accessible thing on the planet by a country-mile, so I can't really change presets or do anything meaningful with it. The hope is that someone out there maybe also has one of these and thus, made NKS presets for it.

Thought I'd ask on the off-chance anyway.

Thanks.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 411 Guru
    Options

I've done the whole thing, but you need to use VSTShell for it to work, as it's VST3 only.

Once KK/Maschine allow 3rd party VSTs, I will convert it, but let me know if you'd like a copy of the NKS (MP3 patches only at present) and I'll re-up.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

How to Diva?

u-he Diva can save to NKS from the plugin itself. It puts them in the Diva factory NKS folder. Sweet, I converted a 3rd party bank in seconds, BUT all the tagging is "misc synth". An attempt to re-tag in KK failed, it won't let you. Treats them like factory NKS's.

I used the Nimbank Gulp tool to change the bank name and it worked. But is there a way to add/change the tagging?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    Options

Do the tagging in Diva, give it a bank name in Diva, then export to NKS - you don't need to do any tagging in KK

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

Hmmm. Seems Diva won't let me do batch tagging as you can in KK. Meaning it will be several clicks and menu navigation x300 times, no bueno...

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes you can you just select the patches you want to tag and drag them onto the tag - same method with making banks except you then type in the bank name

• Kymeia
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm hearing 2.8.0 is now in Native Access - this is the version with VST3 and Apple Silicon support. Yay!

Anyway I made a bunch of test templates I am happy to share now, mainly for VST3 only plugins (but also some new releases with VST3 and 2 but VST3 being preferred on Mac) - I've now shunted them to the NKS user library under VST3 NKS Plugins:

These include:

Plasmonic

Equator 2

Surge XT

Novum

Padshop 2

Aaltoverb

GForce SEM VST3

Imagine

Quanta 2

Phosphor

Delta V Spacecraft (instrument and effect versions)

Korg OPSix Native and Wavestate Native

Noise Engineering Freequel Bundle

Waves CRe8 Sampler

Note unfortunately not all presets from VST2 NKS plugins work in the VST3 - Komplete Kontrol now supports 'migration' at the host end but this also needs to be supported at the developer end. Some such as AAS, UVI, Plugin Alliance, iZotope, Valhalla, Sugarbytes and Vital seem to manage it but others including Spectrasonics (on Mac at least), u-he, Arturia and several others are yet to implement migration in their plugins. This means for those you will still need the VST2 versions (which on Apple Silicon means running in Rosetta mode - but this doesn't seem to be a problem)

Obviously this also applies to Maschine

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

It's finally done! Perhaps the most impressive step in recent years for NI. I'm also looking forward to doing some testings. Thanks Kymeia for the important info!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,613 Expert
    Options

In my tests, Spectrasonics all worked with VST3 using the NKS libraries I made. I'll be retesting things again plugin by plugin and should be able to manually update libraries that don't work with their VST3 counterpart but no guarantee VST3 will work with every library, some plugins have no VST3 option.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2022
    Options

Not on my Mac unfortunately - at least if I remove the Omnisphere VST2 I just get a plugin not found message

Unfortunately Padshop (and Halion) are also buggy in the latest KK on my system but NI are aware of this