The community forum (this one here) seems to have a sign-up breakage, who to contact to get it fixe?

Options
nicommunityproblem
nicommunityproblem Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Dear whoever reads this,

Sorry to post here and this is probably not the best avenue, I just am not quite sure where this needs to go. The community forum (this one here) seems to have a specific sign-up bug, unless I'm just using it wrong in which case I deeply apologize. Whenever an NI account is used that is older and had at least one e-mail change, the community sign-up forum apparently possibly will:

1. Force you to associate the old e-mail even if you plain no longer own it. There is seemingly no way to change that during sign-up. Apparently, whoever owns it now would possibly at least get all your notifications for private messages etc, which seems like a privacy issue. If anything active can be done via this e-mail which isn't really confirmed or denied by the sign-up dialog, this would also seemingly be a security issue.

2. Force you to associate the old e-mail even if you do still own it, but contains a reference to an older private non-work e-mail, and then base the avatar initials image on that no matter what that may or may not leak about you. This is also seemingly a privacy issue.

The fix seems to be the sign-up dialog either needs to allow editing the e-mail, or it needs to fetch it properly instead of whatever outdated record it seems to sometimes use.

I made a throwaway NI account just to post this, because an e-mail to Native Instruments didn't go anywhere. It may have just been missed, gone to spam, or I'm not sure. I would like to use my actual NI account to sign-up here, but it seems like I'm likely blocked by this sign-up bug until it is fixed. If anyone knows who to contact so this will eventually get resolved, I'd be thankful! My apologies for bothering anyone with this.

Best regards

Tagged:

Comments

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,243 mod
    Options

@Matt_NI Is this something you could take a look at?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,116 admin
    Options

Can you send me a DM with more specifics on which account we are talking about here?

We can check this together and sort your account out in the process 🤞

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,085 mod
    Options

Force you to associate the old e-mail even if you do still own it, but contains a reference to an older private non-work e-mail, and then base the avatar initials image on that no matter what that may or may not leak about you. This is also seemingly a privacy issue.

Are you sure that this and the rest about that is not just because you have not cleared cookies in your browser ?

E.g. Did you try using another freshly installed never before used browser ? (e.g. Vivaldi Browser or Opera Browser) and did that give same experience ?

I made a throwaway NI account just to post this,

That is actually procedure , you are supposed to make a new account to be able to contact N.I. regarding lost access to an account. If you have an account that you have no longer access to then you will have to ask N.I. support to help you ! Check this article ! "I Have No Access to My User Account" (warning support link in text on page do not work presently !)

Also ! There has just been introduced chat support for Account assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) (However due to N.I. site errors then the blue chat box might not appear as should !) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

I'm having trouble logging in every day, it's getting worse.

I do not accept cookies and do not use automatic login

I'm using Win 11 with the latest version of Firefox

I have now created a program that fires on the login button in a loop, after 10-200 cycles I am logged in😂

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,116 admin
    Options

What issue do you have exactly when trying to login?

The error message you see display is triggered because you tried to login with the wrong password too many times usually. With that said, the program you created will get your account marked as suspicious eventually. We have bot preventive measures that will catch up on this.

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

I get this message regularly when I try to log in.
    Can you check the IP address to see if someone is trying to hijack my account?

and please tell me the IP address if that is the case!