User Poll for Genre/Type of Expansions we’d like to see next would be great right?!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Senseixon
    Senseixon Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I really love cinematic genres!

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited February 2022
    Options

IMHO there is a serious shortage of Latin music expansions! 😢 (Maybe 1 1/2 by my count if I'm being generous. Love the Cuba play instrument though! Maybe if there was some way of porting it to Maschine+ that would help.)

Seems like a huge market for so little content, don't you think?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I’d like to see some more Industrial/EBM stuff. Body Mechanic was a great start. Also would be nice to see some rock/metal content. With a trigger to MIDI box, I could see using Maschine+ as an e-drum module. Beats the hell out of the Alesis Samplerack I was using. Not surprised since that was $200, but still lol

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    Options

NI, thanks for the new expansion LUNAR ECHOES, love that Melodic Techno! 👌

• kson
    kson Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I think I'd like to see more world instruments and beats. You have Cuba, Africa, India plug-ins, yes? Bring that, and more, into the expansion world. There is an overabundance of dance/hip-hop-related material.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    edited March 2022
    Options

@kson I don't know if you have the full Maschine Factory Library. It's a separate purchase and full to the brim with samples of ethnic instruments. I think much of what NI had already lying around found its way in there and it's totally great. Maybe it's easy to overlook as a viable upgrade for anyone's library if you immediately reach for the genre expansions

• kson
    kson Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I listened to the demo of the full library. I guess they didn't focus as much on their ethnic variety. All I heard was more of the same hip-hop/dance material. That said, I wasn't inclined to part ways with my $$ on that one. :-)

• Foldyman
    Foldyman Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Feels like there's a lot of momentum around making expansions that speak to increasingly small subdivisions of wider genres that are already well represented, but leaves quite a few big ones left out.

You can't bemoan the absence of a Progressive Deep Psytrancedubtrapstep expansion (or any other genre that has been "created" in the past five minutes by like seven people), when there's no...

Rock, Jazz, Disco, Latin, Afrobeat, Motown, Folk, Metal, Punk

I might sound old, but they're still things, right?

I wonder if for these it's more about pattern styles than it is about the sounds. Would be nice to be able to quickly dial in typical pattern from one of these. I know that's not really creative, but sometimes you just want to go "I need a..." to get some idea going that's in your head.

I guess there's not necessarily that much variation in the sounds you'd need, but plenty of variation in the patterns you might expect to be available. I think that might not mesh well with the "one pattern per kit" model, and needs more a "many patterns per genre" model. I don't know. Or they could just put a label on the box advising the product isn't suitable for users over the age of 23, or for people that aren't even aware that Hardcore UK Grimedrillcore is even a thing (I'm joking btw).

In all seriousness I love many of the existing expansions, and that what is represented is represented well. I think I even like the way they sort of wilfully blur genre lines, but it does seem weird that there's literally swathes of things just completely left out.

You needn't bother with Country though, happy for that to be completely ignored :)

• S-P
    S-P Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options

I would like a series of ride cymbal sounds, some light crash cymbals as well as rim shot and clicks on all rack as well as snare and a selection of dedicated brush drum sounds to go along with all of it. That would be a really useful expansion pack. IMO