User Poll for Genre/Type of Expansions we’d like to see next would be great right?!

Comments

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Anything faster than 120 bpm, Techno, Tech House, Acid, D&B, fast EDM in general.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin
  • Reto Halme
    Reto Halme Member Posts: 1 Member

Post dubstep syncopated drums: qgom, vromm Logos type

• Grant Mackie
    Grant Mackie Member Posts: 2 Member

For me, I would love to see an expansion pack focussed on the harder/industrlal end of Techno - Paula Temple, Rebekah style. I appreciate there are a few Techno oriented packs, which are great, but it wold be cool to make some real bangers.

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor
    edited February 2022

Some ideas:

• Expansion in Alternative Rock/Pop genre (Reference: Solar Breeze)
    • Expansion in Synthpop/Synthwave genre (we have some, but based on a modern sound)
    • Expansion dedicated to one shots drums
    • Expansion dedicated to drum loops

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Since you have been releasing expansions that focused on styles from a few decades ago, I think it would be great to make a new jack swing themed expansion.

• Voiid
    Voiid Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello,

I'd really like a tribute to the Purple One of Paisley Park, and more: Fab Fours, some good old blues-rock, psychedelic-rock from the late 60s (The Doors, Janis Joplin, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Joni Mitchell...).

As to EDM, please don't forget Dubstep and Psytrance.

Thank you for all your content.

• TLaw
    TLaw Member Posts: 6 Member

Cymbals!

Time and again, I cannot find cymbal samples that are realistic or appropriate for a given piece on which I am working. A killer sample pack, with abilities to work on various parameters (including the obvious transient/sustain parameters, pitch, and so on), would be great. Most cymbal packs out there are organized poorly. One has to roll through them, file by file, to find something that might work. So, an enhanced search tool would be helpful.

The pack should not just be one of samples: an ability to fill out a track, complete with round-robin, probabilistic, and randomization (in volume and timing) features, is necessary.

And I'm not asking here for yet-more exotic "ethnic" cymbals and gongs and such. We need a pack dedicated to what one typically finds on a standard drum kit.

Enjoy! And thanks.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

I think that’s an interesting idea!

Personally, I wouldn’t necessarily need Cymbals, but why can’t Expansions not be about instruments or „sound categories“ instead of genres?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Definitely get my vote on the 60s, though it is forcing a style of music (loops &c) onto a genre before they were 'a thing' (it made sense in my head before I wrote it!)

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro
    edited February 2022

Love the cymbals idea! Also, of the thousands of drum sounds I have, I have not found any prepared cymbal. You know, like the jazz drummers use to do, drill a hole and put a screw in or put a little chain over it to let it ring for a longer time

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Would love more ambient and chill type expansions. Especially with projects and kits with effects and routing appropriate to them, like very long reverbs, that we can deconstruct as learning tools.

• Polygala
    Polygala Member Posts: 3 Member

I couldn't agree more! Anything like this with Top-loops and unique FX--not your normal cheesy risers and transitions. I heard a song that had a crackling fire as a transition and I was like--That! (And please make Electric Sunburst Deluxe part of Komplete 14 Standard, I want to play solos!, lol)

• d0stenning
    d0stenning Member Posts: 22 Member

I'm not here asking for any particular genre - but what would be really cool in future - and maybe requiring some new features- would be MIDI file equivalents for melodic and chordal type loops.

While audio to MIDI conversion tools like found in ableton, logic Melodyne etc are sometimes adequate - having just the hand crafted MIDI for - say - keyboard loops would add so much more flexibility.

Specially for RnB or jazz type expansions. It would allow us to create variations of the notes, do easy transpositions or even reharmonisation of MIDI notes to create more patterns from an originating pattern.

Plus of course being able to access the MIDI for any audio keyboard loop would allow us to change the instrument used to play it - for example to double up on parts - or just use ones preferred pianos or electric piano libraries for example.

As an example of where this is done already - check out BandInABox - which these days uses mostly special audio content called REALTRACKS - which gets transformed and conformed into the chord progression typed in. But as well as BIAB generating AUDIO for - say piano and Rhodes parts- these days one can access the equivalent MIDI notes for all the parts generated. Which is typically used to generate scores and lead sheets but can also just be used to convert a recorded piano real track part in BIAB to MIDI - for use via any. virtual instrument plugin one wants.

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper

Arabic and Mediterranean sounds would be cool (Oud, Nay, Greek Bouzouki, percussions).