Headphone cue button not working since 3.11.0 44 on S8

Options

Answers

• FilTheMusic
    FilTheMusic Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

On Mac i tested in 2 different device (Sonoma and MOnterey) and the problem it's not fixed yet. I don't know in windows.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,280 mod
    Options

Nope - seems it's not fixed in Windows either, which was one of the major complaints with the original 3.11 version!!!

I had lots of problems with this release initially. S8 seemed totally confused until I did a "reset to default" in the config. After that I had to power cycle and reload Traktor before things worked properly, or at least the same as it did before the "fix that didn't fix the problem" version.

-- Mike

• simplearc
    simplearc Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Yes again, NI haven't even read the thread properly, and fixed something most people didn't know was broken ..

• simplearc
    Options

Good to know. It doesn't get past the fact that this is very poorly handled, and poorly tested. As per my previous comment, when a third party piece of software can have a map for it that works...?

• FilTheMusic
    Options

Are we sure the cue button problem is related to the Traktor version? I tried to install 3.8 but the problem stay with my S8. Couldn't be a problem related to the S8 drivers? Is there a way to uninstall them on Mac?

• FilTheMusic
    Options

After reinstalling everything now the cue is wotking on the S8, but it's not lighting up in the traktor software. Doesn't matter i can mix now finally.

• niq V
    niq V Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I'm seeing some people say 3.11.1 does NOT fix cue buttons, and some saying it does. I know the patch notes do not explicitly mention the cue BUTTON issue at all, but I'm going to wait a few days this time to see if a majority of posters are able to use the buttons correctly.

• proggy
    proggy Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yeah def not fixed, this is driving me batshit crazy. FIX IT NI!!!!!!!

• proggy
    proggy Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Ok I take that back. Do reset on the controller after you update

• simplearc
    Options

Good idea. I honestly can't be bothered with the palava. I feel for the Traktor Dev team, it seems that they aren't being given adequate resources to text and develop this product at present. :(

• niq V
    niq V Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I installed 3.11.1 today and I can select cue channels & hear cue/master volumes just fine!

• simplearc
    Options

Happy to report the update worked, yay! Yes, make sure you reset the S8....

• dreadites
    dreadites Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I was extremely disappointed when the S8 was discontinued. It offered so much innovation, and it was a great platform for a creative DJ, using the remix decks.

The transport strip never worked well for me. I could never successfully get it to rewind a track while it was playing.

Anyway, it's a mute point now. I'll ride my dinosaur till she dies. I bought mine used and it was in great shape. Still looking to find another. It's become my favorite mixer. I haven't used the S4 yet for comparison.

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 109 Advisor
    Options

Maybe a used S4MK3 and F1 can be an alternative?

• simplearc
    Options

Yes, me too. The S4 MK3 vs S8, in terms of features there is not comparison. The S4 MK3 is nice controller, but the layout is too cluttered IMO. The main thing that BAFFLES me (!) to this day is it is still one of the few (if only) laptop controllers that offers browsing on the screen. Not one single Pioneer, RANE or other does this, unless standalone. I went in and played every controller at my DJ shop, and the killer of the lot is the Prime 4+. for my hybrid sets (DJ/Guitar Vox) the S8 is super cool.