Headphone cue button not working since 3.11.0 44 on S8

Options
Schnuffer
Schnuffer Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 19 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Today I updated to the current version via Native Acsess and in this version the headphone cue button no longer works on the S8. You can turn it on and off, but there is no sound. I can no longer operate the cue (headphones) button in the software itself. I then went back to 3.10.1 16 and the cue button works again on the S8, but not in the software itself using the mouse (I never noticed it before because I always use the controller cue button)

Can anybody confirm this?

MacBook Pro mid 2014 MacOS Big Sur v11.7.10

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Snorki
    Snorki Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I also have the same problem, after I updated the new version of tractor my cue buttons don't work. I removed it and installed an old version and everything worked

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,238 mod
    edited January 4
    Options

Same problem here - unplug the S8 and the cue buttons in the software work ok. I'm sure this worked in one of the earlier betas of 3.11, maybe it didn't - need to check!

EDIT - nope, can't check it - they expired at the end of Dec

-- Mike

• mykejb
    Options

The problem only happens when using the S8 ASIO driver (under Windows anyway). If I switch to the WDM driver or my usual Audient audio device it works ok.

-- Mike

• Snorki
    Snorki Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • JohnnyBGood
    JohnnyBGood Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Same issue here with my S8 and the cue... Just bought an X1 mk3 and now can't use its new features with the same version that my S8 works with. Huge pain.

• Huseirdaddy
    Huseirdaddy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having the same issue after update today. Pressing cue does nothing with my S8. Only way to hear each song is by using channel faders and cue mix

• iskra
    iskra Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I have the same issue here with the S8's cue buttons on a Windows 11 machine after updating...

• fady
    fady Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Today I updated to the current version via Native Acsess and in this version the headphone cue button no longer works on the S8. You can turn it on and off, but there is no sound. I can no longer operate the cue (headphones) button in the software itself. I then went back to 3.10.1 16 and the cue button works again on the S8, but not in the software itself using the mouse (I never noticed it before because I always use the controller cue button)

• djmicmac3@gmail.com
    djmicmac3@gmail.com Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same issue s8 cue buttons not working after update

• JohnnyBGood
    JohnnyBGood Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I can also confirm this glitch with the cue on the software. In my trouble shooting I went back to four previous Traktor versions going back to 3.7 and in none of them could I select the cue button on the software while the S8 is connected even though the cue worked fine on the hardware. Very odd.

macOS 13.3.1

• niq V
    niq V Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 6
    Options

It seems everyone with an S8 is confirming this, just adding my voice to the chorus. I updated this evening, have a gig tomorrow night, and I can't cue. Oddly enough the track preview works fine in the headphones, so it's not a routing problem - it seems to only impact the cue buttons.

Windows 11 here by the way.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,427 Expert
    Options

I updated this evening, have a gig tomorrow night, and I can't cue. 

Use the automated backup. Traktor should keep the previous version.

And for the love of music don't upgrade your DJ software (or OS) one day before a gig.

• Das Amt
    Das Amt Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Same Problem on Mac and i deleted the old Version… crying!!!!

• mykejb
    Options

I've often thought the biggest upgrade that could be made to Native Access is to have a version selector where you can say "I want to install version x.x of product xxx". I'm sure that'd help a lot of people in a whole bunch of different circumstances.

-- Mike