Kontakt 7.7 Release Update

Options

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 406 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

mykejb

My initial scan times for Maschine & KK are long - no idea exactly how long as I usually start one then go and watch a movie or two. Once the original scan is done it's not too bad, unless Waves drop an update at which point it's another movie :)

-- Mike

If the initial scan 'resets' itself, which it sometimes appears to do, it's way over an hour for Maschine. No longer know about KK as I haven't been able to get it to actually open and as it's scanning it stops me doing any editing in explorer. Bizarre....yes.....irritating.... oh yes.....shambles ...you bet!

• Soaria
    Soaria Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I'm on macOS Sonoma, and everything seems to be updating and installing without troubles. So it's possible.

Native Access 3.7.0 with full disk access enabled

Sonoma 14.1 on an m1max MBP

The big ad banner on Native Access is a shake my head moment... it's a step back from the relative classiness I've come to expect in NI stuff. But it's not like none of the other companies are doing similar things, and I only see it when updating, so... :shrug: In Kontakt itself would be different, but I haven't looked at it yet.

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Options

I don’t mean the standalone scan. This takes also very very long, even if you have already done a scan it takes some minutes to scan some same plugins like izotope on every startup again.

no I mean the plugin opening time in the DAW.

since Kontakt 7 needs minutes to open the plugin in a daw, they have transferred this issue to Battery4, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol and Guitar Rig 6. Guitar Rig 6 was latest update. So I have done a downgrade to Guitar Rig 6.3 and it opens the plugin fast again.

so I also downgraded to battery 4.2, Maschine to 2.16.1 and Komplete Kontrol to 2.8.

That are the latest versions that don’t need some minutes to open the plugins on my system and startup the plugin in some seconds.

There might be also an early Kontakt 7 version at the beginning of this year, that could open up Kontakt 7 also very fast, but I haven’t tested.

I use Kontakt 6, which has everything I need and a much better performance.

• Soundof
    Soundof Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I had the same issue, I had to download Native Access 2 which I wasn't aware it existed, then I was able to see Kontakt 7.7 update.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 406 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

sacer11

I don’t mean the standalone scan. This takes also very very long, even if you have already done a scan it takes some minutes to scan some same plugins like izotope on every startup again

I'm talking about the same thing earlier ... all that unneeded rescanning. ... 8 minutes it takes to start up Maschine

If I use it as a plugin, it takes over 3 minutes to open

Kontakt 7 takes over 2 minutes as a plugin in either Bitwig or Reaper

Sadly, NI don't seem to think this has any real importance

On the other hand UVI have astounding support....just saying.................................

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

I've actually managed to get the latest version working now. As well as uninstalling and reinstalling (which previously didn't work) I also manually installed the latest NTKDaemon which I found linked at the bottom of this post: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/16431/native-access-most-current-issues

Hope it works for you too!

• JGKComposer
    JGKComposer Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

While there are still issues, in general, this is SO MUCH BETTER than the past two releases. Thank you for this update!!

• aidenstunes
    aidenstunes Member Posts: 165 Advisor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Can we expect a redesign of some other stuff, (side pane, settings window, save preset window etc.,) during the next few update? Or will it be Kontakt 8? Kontakt 7 is now pretty much stable. Good job on this one. Still got the Live 11 automation bug though, not sure why such a small bug that has been introduced in Kontakt 6* is still present in 2023.

• jordanstoner
    jordanstoner Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

So far, I'm doing all the troubleshooting myself in a vacuum. I've been approached by two forum members - one a mod - saying that this issue should have been resolved in 7.6.1 and asking if I have reproducible steps. When I provide them with that info, radio silence. The same thing with NI support. The lack of communication and support is extremely frustrating and downright disrespectful. 

Sebastian has - in the same support case - asked for specific details so he could forward to the developers, and then when I provided those details, said "oh, it's a known issue - sorry, I can't help." Is it a known issue, or is it fixed in 7.6.1? If it's supposed to be fixed but isn't, then I'd think you'd want to alert the team that a major bug is still around. If it was never fixed, then why are forum members so sure it has been? Either you've lied about it being fixed initially, or you're lying to me that it's a known issue. And in both cases, you're washing your hands and telling me you don't care and can't help. 

If you want the full details, look at my main post: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/18401/kt-6215-ongoing-daw-freeze-since-7-4-and-an-open-letter-to-support-development#latest

Since I'm getting no help or outreach from your support staff and I have plenty of free time now that I can no longer make music, I'll keep commenting here because at least a product manager is keeping an eye on this thread. This is what is going to push me to look for another plugin provider. I'm happy to mention this on every forum I can find so people know not to put all their eggs in the NI basket, as the company is simply no longer a trusted partner.

• Richard Vetro
    Richard Vetro Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

NI is slowly turning into IK Multimedia....

Stop with the ADs.....

We spend lots of money on your products.

We already know and research when new expansions come out.

We get emails from NI almost every day.

Do not ruin our experience using the software.

• laidbackdood
    laidbackdood Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Hello,

I'd like to know if there are any plans on updating MIDI CC handing? Things i want to see:

1. Support for endless rotary encoders (these are now very common in many controllers, including 14bit)
    2. Ability to change curves to control response and for some reason not all controls function correctly with a soft takeover and still jump
    3. Ability to smooth control response for pots/sliders that may not be at their best
    4. Ability to change snapshots via MIDI CC (I know this is something that NI wants to keep to their keyboards)

These are quality of life changes I would like to have. I intend on buying the new MK3 keyboards once more functionality such as arps and chord sets are completely separated from komplete kontrol and some other small things are addressed.

Mike

• KOAssistant
    KOAssistant Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

> IMPROVED Double-clicking a preset in Files tab, Libraries tab or Quick-Load will now replace the preset loaded in the currently selected slot, instead of adding it to the Rack

That was a terrible regression. That was an absolute dealbreaker for us. I'm glad we had backups to restore the mess this created over the course of a couple hours. Need to be able to disable this.

Our VEP instances are all still Kontakt 6. Kontakt 7 is taking soooo long to load. from 3 minutes in K6 to 12 minutes in K7. At least at our end all caused by this flimsy SQL implementation.

Adds: Just speechless.

We are so disappointed.

• laidbackdood
    laidbackdood Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I'd also like the ability to hide missing libraries automatically if they are not found (as a toggle). I have two drives with different instruments based on what I'm working on and don't usually have both attached. Kontakt showing me only what's accessible would be fantastic to not have to many "library not found" in the rack view.

Mike

• hol
    hol Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your hard work!

The most difficult thing for me while using kontakt7 is that when recording kontakt7 instruments in Nuendo12, the dynamics are often recorded weakly at the beginning and then become louder later. (This especially occurs when recording solo performances of string or wind instruments.) So how do we resolve this phenomenon where MIDI CC 1 or 7 is initially at 0 and then gradually increases? FYI, that never happens with Eastwest's Opus engine.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,656 admin
    Options

@Owlbear @Super8boy @MLARS @NodeOperator @chlady @bloodysnare @KenV99 @Rene-NI @delioroman @Ibanezmango @chuckgreenjr @Soaria @Richard Vetro Hi all, if you missed Adil's comment, I've included a link here. In the upcoming update, we'll be adding the option to hide the recommendations panel. Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

This discussion has been closed.