Kontakt 7.7 Release Update

Options

Comments

• Alex-S49
    Alex-S49 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Not seeing the update available in my Native Access yet.

Is this a regional roll-out? I'm in the UK

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 406 Pro
    Options

delioroman

Am I the only one who despises that Shop link? Can we at least get the option to hide it in 7.7.1? For us who don’t need it showing all the time

Certainly not, no-one wants it apart from whichever totally misguided soul thought it was a good idea.

As others have said, this certainly doesn't look good for NI's understanding of its user base, nor inspires any confidence in where NI may be heading.

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

NA is nonfunctional in Sonoma for me, as well.

Main studio Mac runs Ventura. But I keep a copy of Kontakt on my MacBook Pro, and after upgrading to Sonoma, Kontakt 7 "forgot" it was authorized, and NA refuses to install anything.

I'm surprised to hear that NA is working in Sonoma for some users.

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 115 Advisor
    Options

Yeah the forced ads were terrible idea, but that have promised to address ot in the next update.

• stans
    stans Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Crashed 3 times as soon as I loaded new instruments. Getting it to display in a useful way took far too long as well.

Stop with the "features" and make this software work again.

• HisStudio4Ever
    HisStudio4Ever Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Greetings NI Team, I’m currently very excited about the new Kontakt 7. It appears to be a great upgrade to the whole NI suite. Thank you. But now, if I may, I’m very frustrated with the “Support” networks response times and detailed help. I’ll explain: I’m unable to download Native Access\and thus Kontakt 7 due to download issues that “none” of the NI wizards or two support people have been able to resolve. I know your you all are very dedicated and sincere. For that I’m greatful.

If this feedback can get to your support department and eventually find me and my much needed resolve from your techs, my opinion of your products and support will increase greatly. My ticket numbers are as follows: 4105593 and 4098987.

Persons by the name os, Cliona and Neal have said they will “follow this to the end!!!” But I’m not getting responses. Thank you so much for you assistance.

Art Phinney /. NI user since 2015

art.phinney.m@gmail.com

• AxeHandle
    AxeHandle Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm a Windows user. Currently using Windows 11, my computer has an i7 with 32GB RAM, and SSD m.2 drives.

The time it takes Kontakt 7.x to fully load or it's VST to get scanned is ridiculous, my computer cold boots quicker.

Kontakt 6 doesn't have these issues.

I've already contacted support and followed all the recommendations and initially the recommendations seemed to work - until I reloaded my Quick-Load libraries. Yes resetting everything**, deleting registry settings, deleting system program files, etc. did help somewhat - but it didn't quite fix things. Kontact 7 still loads too slow - we're now talking 3+ minutes instead of 5+ minutes.

Why does Kontakt 7 need to rescan all the Player and QuickLoad libraries on startup? This information needs to be more effectively cached and only fully scanned when the program is updated or when requested by the user (i.e. add a menu item for that).

**In regards to engaging in the global reset that I and many other Kontakt have had to do per support -Kontakt needs a menu item to handle this; end users should not have to manually delete registry entries and purge system files to file program issues.

• slohrisch
    slohrisch Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Am I the only one that uses Kontakt as a sound designer? I like being able to map samples to different keys, and then experimenting with pitch, time stretching, oscillators and looping. I'm not sure if there's much in the way of features that can be added to Kontakt for sound designers, but equal-power crossfade looping would make the looping more painless, and fixing a bug I reported in the sample slicer would be some nice QoL improvements. If any of the new features are more geared towards sound designers, I'd love to hear about them.

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Shortly after I posted that I installed Native Access 1.14.1 (accessible via Help - Legacy Installers in NA) and that worked. Downloads were very slow but I managed to get everything updated.

So the old pre-silicon version works better than the newest made for silicon version, nice!

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 56 Helper
    Options

Latest version with full disk access yes. The trick was to use an oooold version from years back (which I didn't even grant full disk access to).

Curious how the latest version is so hit and miss for different people.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,361 mod
    Options

Nope it's not regional or anything. It's showing for me and I'm in the UK too

-- Mike

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Options

It seems that Kontakt scans on every start up your plugins. Deleting some XML files has fasten up my loading time from 4minutes to only one minute. That’s a complete disaster, I have downgraded Komplete Kontrol, Battery4, Maschine and Guitar Rig6

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/9538/kontakt-7-very-very-long-to-launch/p6

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 406 Pro
    Options

My times for Maschine and Komplete Kontrol used to be 8 minutes. Maschine's still is, but the recent Komplete Kontrol just causes havoc with my system. The humour of it does start to wear a tad thin.................

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,361 mod
    Options

My initial scan times for Maschine & KK are long - no idea exactly how long as I usually start one then go and watch a movie or two. Once the original scan is done it's not too bad, unless Waves drop an update at which point it's another movie :)

-- Mike

This discussion has been closed.