Kontakt 7.7 Release Update

Options
Adil_NI
Adil_NI Member Posts: 12 Product Team
edited November 2023 in Kontakt

Hi all,

We are delighted to announce that Kontakt 7.7.0 is now available to download via Native Access! This release introduces a handful of improvements to the fullscreen Browser, as well as some general refinements to navigation and overall user experience, and a handful of bug fixes (including the CPU spikes that were introduced with the 7.6.1 update). Here’s a brief explanation of the workflow changes you can expect in 7.7.0.

Browser improvements

We’ve significantly enhanced the text search behaviour of the fullscreen Browser that was introduced in Kontakt 7. This now accommodates partial and full string matching within the names of libraries, presets, vendors, tags or other metadata. Text-based search queries will now find results far more frequently, resulting in fewer cases of no results being found. Examples:

• Searching for “electric guitar” will find presets with Type = Guitar and Subtype = Electric
  • Searching for “acid bass” will find presets containing both “acid” and “bass” in their name - even if separated by a space (e.g. “Acid Tube Bass” from Kontakt Factory Library 2)
  • Searching for “sym tru” will find the preset “Trumpet” from Symphony Essentials Brass 

The “New Instruments for you” panel at the bottom of the fullscreen Browser also offers alternative Instruments that match your search query, in addition to those found in your library for further creative possibilities. Clicking on these opens the corresponding webpage, where you can learn more and listen to audio demos.

Navigation improvements

We’ve reworked Kontakt’s application header for better readability, and access to key functions. Kontakt now has three main entry points: 

• FILE: the main menu, which includes options, purging, and hardware connectivity 
  • LIBRARY: the fullscreen Browser
  • VIEW: switch between Single View and Rack View, configure layout and Zoom, and setting a default view (e.g. mode, layout, zoom) for new instances when Kontakt is running as a plug-in

This article explains how to use the “Set current view as default” function: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/14639260981533

Full list of changes:

• ADDED Simplified application header for efficient access to key functions
  • File, Library and View have dedicated text labels
  • Single View / Rack View toggle is now found in View menu
  • Options is now found File menu
  • ADDED Text search enhancements to full-screen Browser, allowing searches across full or partial names of libraries, instruments, presets, tags and more
  • ADDED Search results display additionally available libraries in “New Instruments for you” panel
  • ADDED Option to display fullscreen Browser for new Instances in Rack view under Options > Interface (note: Browser is always shown in Single View)
  • ADDED 50% zoom setting
  • IMPROVED Double-clicking a preset in Files tab, Libraries tab or Quick-Load will now replace the preset loaded in the currently selected slot, instead of adding it to the Rack
  • IMPROVED Access fullscreen Browser by clicking Kontakt logo in application header (About Box accessed via NI logo)
  • FIXED Browser text entry no longer intercepted by DAW when Kontakt is hosted as a plug-in inside of Logic Pro
  • FIXED Intermittent CPU spikes on macOS (introduced in Kontakt 7.6.1)
  • FIXED Regression in KSP message logging performance when Developer Options are enabled (introduced in Kontakt 7.5.0) causing CPU spikes in certain 8dio libraries
  • FIXED RAM footprint no longer increases after prolonged use 
  • FIXED Instrument focus strip in instrument header now updates when using previous / next buttons within edit mode
  • FIXED Correct visual state for Library button when instantiating Kontakt
  • REMOVED "Batch resave" and "Batch collect/Compress samples" options in File menu no longer appear when Kontakt is hosted as a plug-in

Happy updating! We're keeping this thread open for a week, until next Tuesday, November 14, 2023. Let us know what you think in the comments. 

Best,

Your Kontakt Team

Tagged:

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,307 Guru
    Options

Big thumbs up on Kontakt 7.7.

Running very well for me in macOS Sonoma/Apple Silicon.

• McClaneonfire
    McClaneonfire Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Ok, it seems only in Single View it is as described - in Rack View it works fine.

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 53 Helper
    Options

What about loading time? I am on vacation and can not try if it still needs one minute to open the plugin in DAW or standalone ?

• jordanstoner
    jordanstoner Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Is KT-6215 resolved?

This bug results in a hard crash when using Kontakt as a plugin in multiple DAWs on Mac. See:

https://community.native-instruments.com/search?domain=all_content&query=6215&scope=site&source=community

I'm happy to provide any crash logs or further info to verify. I would also be happy to beta test any potential solutions or to provide any type of log data to your developers. You can tell them that I have a 100% repro case and I'm willing to lend you the use of my machine for diagnostics and testing if it helps.

Here are other reports of similar behavior, though there's just not enough information to know for certain.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/8470/kontakt-7-crashes-logic-when-i-try-to-do-multiple-outputs-for-drums/p2

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/6410/kontakt-crash-when-using-multi-output-how-could-i-solve-this-problem

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/15546/kontakt-7-crashes-because-of-output-section-plugins

• christophertmusic
    christophertmusic Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

The only thing I will mention is that there was the addition of the new 50% Zoom option, great, but having just zoomed my interface to 200% in macOS, the pixelation is horrendous. So can we please sort that one out?

I don't understand how the devs all add the option to zoom, yet take a lifetime to make the zoom anything other than a hot-mess to work with 😓

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options
  • Ravetracer
    Ravetracer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I don't know about others but after the update to 7.7 I have a tremendously improvement in loading times. I've got Lunaris 2 by Luftrum and it was a pain before. Don't know if this is just temporarily but currently it's working awesomely good!

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,356 mod
    Options

I've been told ff you hide the panel nothing is sent back to NI, so you don't really need to block it from accessing the network or anything like that. The panel stays collapsed in standalone K7 once you collapse it, but in the VST you need to collapse it then click "Set current view as default" in the View menu.

-- Mike

• jordanstoner
    jordanstoner Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

KT-6215 should have been resolved in 7.6.1.

If KT-6215 is indeed the infamous SWOD issue with multiple output busses or mono outputs, then it is not fixed. I can't post a direct link on this forum yet, but I recorded a video of the behavior (you'll have to manually type out the YT link).

• G.T.
    G.T. Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Just updated to this new version. It crashes my Maschine 2 when opening an NI instrument and trying to adjust any parameters within the instrument. The instruments it does it right away on are Arkhis and Lores.

This discussion has been closed.