Logic now available for iPad - thoughts?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

Update after some more days with it:

What I said in the previous post is still true. I could do many of the things I’m doing with Logic Pro on iPad even before its coming.

But…for the love of honesty… I must add that after some more days spent using (and learning) it, it starts growing on me. Is not only about what you can do, but how conveniently you can do it. The program is undoubtedly well made and, even if how I said before, Logic has never been my favorite DAW in terms on how its workflow fits to me, having such a complete “ecosystem” on an iPad is surely a plus. It’s also well thought for touchscreen interactions, which in case it was missed would have been a lost occasion: a good app on iPad is one that incorporates its strengths, not one that tries to mimic how we work on a computer.

If you want an over exaggerating example, is a little bit like saying that anything I can do chopping samples on a Maschine could be done even before cutting a cassette magnetic tape and glueing together the pieces (yes…maybe I over over over exaggerated 😂).

It is not that much about what you can do, but how comfortably you can do it, being all thought to work together seamlessly.

That said, I will surely continue to use the workflow I was using before with the many very valid apps that indie developers made and I don’t know if I will continue to have Logic Pro subscription constantly active, even if very affordable (my main concern with the “if you stop the subscription you don’t have anything in your hands and access to what you produced” remains).

But…as I said…for the love of honesty I must say that Logic Pro on iPad is a very good product

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,287 Guru
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

I couldn't agree more with you and I see how Gaming Developers are trying and I see what is stopping them ( what's slowing them ) and I think Linux is the best solution for the future for both us and them . Mac is going full Subscription and Win 11 too . And let's assume that we will follow NI and many of us will but it will be out of free market in the hands of corporation that have monopoly in PC ( on PC components) and they can decide not to support music software and to force A.I. as a desirable Trend 🫤 ( Music as a Gaget) i don't like it and I am so thankful for everything and This Method of Music Production that we all know need to exist and to last because we Humans will always try to get away from A.I. script's and copied sound shapes. To be honest I am not so afraid of A.I. possibilities .

I am more afraid of MS Windows, it's happening and for Admin authority without waiting for commercials ( Ad's) to end just to countinue with regular tasks we will need to be Succribed just on Windows for start . Same is anounced for Mac's and it won't happened over night I know it , Im aware but till the end of year 24. It is one year and OK, we will be succribed to several services but we don't even know how will Corporation's treat Music Production as we know it.... Maschine+ have more sense now and it is platform for those days and they are coming, it is just one year.

I love Music, i love Producing it and I see how hard is to Last and I am trying and hoping for the better future. Everything I wrote I 100% clarified the only thing that add is my fear because I see how MS is behaving to other well established Companies and they don't care if OS update will make Third party software buggy...I also see rise of Raspberry pi based Music Production Boxes and NI together with Main Partners is giving us freedom and tools among Best if not the Best tools for Music Production. Maschine as instrument is Revolution, Analogue input from us and that's what is most important thing to feel true freedom and Software is more than capable for any genre wether it's existing or will appear in the future. I ❤️ NI

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

@Psyearth5

Same is anounced for Mac's and it won't happened over night I know it , Im aware but till the end of year 24.

Announced? Where?

You're telling me people buying 10k Mac Pros will need to pay a subscription to use their computers by 2024? Sounds like a conspiracy theory tbh...