TRAKTOR PRO Ideas breakdown 2023

Options

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

Does it have an influence on usability or is it just the message that annoyes you?

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 317 Pro
    edited January 30
    Options

Yes I hope so too. But I don't expect that to happen.

Unfortunately, such bugs always fall into the category: Filed - but never touched again.

• Owner
    edited January 30
    Options
  • Jacco
    Jacco Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I have the Rane's just a few days now. I've not fully tested all functionality yet. On the other hand, I'm not a beat juggler. And the complains are mostly coming from scratch DJ's as far as I've read.

• Owner
    Options

sadly the playhead skipping bug also happens from time to time, without beat juggling, just by mixing 2 tracks together. I don't use my RANE Twelves MKII anymore for mixing with Traktor. Only when I use Serato or djayPro.

• BrooklynTerry
    BrooklynTerry Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I watched this today and all I could do was shake my head and agree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYrhSfsQms&ab_channel=DigitalDJTips

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options

The whole thing doesn't bother me, he also says in the video that it's perfect for electronic music, which I only play.

• thefunkyboulevards
    thefunkyboulevards Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I think the Kontrol X1 mk3, could be class compliant, to be free to use the display with other applications. I just waiting to see any improvements like this to buy one for me. Another point, is the mobile djing possibilities.

Native instruments had the application for iPhone. This could be HUGE, if you guy s bring this back. I testing algorridiim Djay, and now im sure that works for me.

I have a NI full setup (Audio 6 + Kontrol X1 mk2, Kontrol Z1 and Kontrol F1). Maybe a firmware update on the devices, to make then compatible with iOS and a update on Traktor 2 to be more robust and avaliable for iPhone could be a GREAT turn around for NI on this field who is growing and FAST.

The algorridim Djay have DVS on Phone, and we have some other alternatives (some free inclusive). NI should invest on this field.

Im testing the Algorridim Djay, and i mostly con use all my controllers from NI, but is a pain to map. If you guys release this app update, with some firmware update to use then on iPhone, surelly will be a huge win for NI.

• Sacco Naz
    Sacco Naz Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    Options

Is there a setting to create an Effects Send...? Since 2 of my effects units are now Pattern Players I was wondering if there is an Effects Send option...

That way you could have delay set on all the Tracks and simply adjust he Send individually...

I got the idea from the D2/S-8.... which has an Effects Send for the Remix Decks...

It's brilliant because instead of having all the slots either on or off the effect.... you can adjust the level for each deck... it really is a wonderful way to nuance the effect..

This feature would be great for all the decks and give you more versatility form one effect unit...

Any thoughts on this?

• arkaei
    arkaei Member Posts: 24 Helper
    Options
  • dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options

WELCOME BACK!!

we forward to your insightful contributions!

• arkaei
    edited February 23
    Options

hey @dj_estrela - probably an oversight by the admins. but I've been following this thread. some sad quotes here. I wish I hadn't been right.

p.s. "member"? do you kiss your mother with that mouth, NI? 😁

• Sacco Naz
    Sacco Naz Member Posts: 130 Advisor
    edited February 23
    Options

This is my new Set Up... Going with the D2 so I can have an Effects Send to each of the 4 Remix Slots independently! And Using the F1 for the Pattern Player

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,796 mod
    Options
  • arkaei
    edited February 24
    Options

OK, so now let's expand it to the decks. the good news is: with the Clarett+ 4 you should have plenty of channels. the bad news is: in this configuration you're not using them, because you're mixing internally. for the same reason, there is no option to assign individual channels, and therefore no send.

(though funnily enough, you can still set the fx units to expect an external send while mixing in internal mode, which... basically takes them out of the signal chain. that almost seems like an obvious mutex thing that should've been caught by QA like 10 years ago, but maybe I missed something)

in external mixing mode, you could assign channels on the interface to be your send/return, and do all kinds of wild sh1t with that. but I don't think you'd be willing to redesign that scary amazing velvet coffin to accommodate a mixer, or spend more money. so let's put our thinking hats on for a bit.

now I'm gonna throw some dumb ideas your way. bear with me, because I don't have that interface and can only go by the specs I looked up in 3 seconds.

first of all, the EQ, filter etc. can all work in external mixing mode, so technically you don't NEED a mixer for that. you will, however, need a way to control deck volume. we'll look at that later.

open input and output routing pages, set mixing to external and assign the individual decks and send/return to dedicated channels, like so:

the FX return is where your delay/reverb tails come back from. it's the only type of effect that really makes sense on a send (at least when DJing). all other effects should remain inserts.

you don't need any deck inputs because you don't use timecode or external sources, far as I can tell from your picture. so stick to the send input.

go to your delay unit and set it to "send". you will see the corresponding deck assign button grey out. since this is going to be a send effect, go for 100% wet as you only want the tail to come back from the return.

now, your Clarett has its own internal mixer / routing matrix. using that, you can probably easily route 5 channels (4 decks + fx return) to one physical output on the interface. click on things, see what happens, when in doubt RTFM (personally I prefer just clicking on things). should be easy to figure out:

if it can't do that, it's garbage and you should get an interface that doesn't suck (RME comes to mind). but let's be optimistic and assume that it can, and you have done that.

this gives you what? 4+1 individual software output channels playing through one physical output. wow, it's almost like we've put in a lot of unnecessary effort to externalize internal mixing 🤣 we still don't have a way to control send/return or volume though.

now, here is where you need to get creative. some interfaces (RME comes to mind, again) come with an internal mixing console that can in fact be controlled via MIDI and even OSC. this seriously extends the capabilities of your DJ software or DAW. I'm gonna assume the Clarett can do that too, it's a ~600 EUR audio interface after all.

...if it can't do that, it's garbage and you should get an interface that doesn't suck (RME!). but let's be optimistic... 😁😁😁

basically, you would start by setting up volume and PFL controls. then assign each of the 4 deck outputs to a send that loops back into your fx send input channel - the one you assigned as send input in Traktor. maybe you can even do pre/post fader stuff, or make the delay feed back into itself from the return, whatever. sky's the limit. then then just assign a few faders and knobs on your controllers to talk to all that, and Bob's yer uncle - congrats, you've built yourself a mixer.

becase you're on macOS, you won't even have to worry about setting up a virtual MIDI routing to duplicate ports so that your K2s can talk to both Traktor and the Focusrite tool at the same time. sometimes being on mac saves a lot of headaches.

does that seem like a lot of effort? yeah. probably a little more than it took me to type this out. but it's still gonna happen faster than it would take for traktor to get deck sends in internal mixing mode 😁 and it's cheaper than a proper mixer with sends for sure. I mean it's literally free, if your Clarett can do that.

a further bonus is that once you actually have a hardware send/return, you can intercept that in a DAW like Bitwig or Ableton (or really any other DAW that knows Ableton Link, even Maschine, though it's not really a DAW no matter how much NI wants you to believe it). and that opens up... well, the world.

because if you thought one delay was awesome, think what else you can do with that signal once you get it into a DAW. all your VSTs... distortion, FSU, giant convolution reverbs, cascading multi-tap delays. at that point you can do anything your CPU can handle. capture a theoretically infinite number of loops of any length from any deck or decks, plural. send them back to another channel of the interface. feed that right back into your newfound god-tier FX chain... not to mention all the outboard potential, but this is all what you can do right now with the setup you have, assuming the Clarett is capable enough in terms of its own internal mixing.

however, should you want to get a great mixer for these types of shenanigans, I highly recommend the A&H Xone:96.