TRAKTOR PRO Ideas breakdown 2023

Options

Comments

• djbrettb
    djbrettb Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

You could midi-map a Launchpad for this if they allowed more than 8 total hotcues. I have one I midi-mapped for all the features I wish the S4 MK3 had… agree more hotcues (even 12per channel) would be very nice

• djbrettb
    Options

I really wish Traktor would make an S4 style controller with a larger footprint, with larger motorized jog wheels, larger hotcue points, enough encoders to utilize 4 fx banks at the same time, be able to control the LED colors for the entire controller, have additional XLR and 1/4 outputs, zoom in and out waveform adjust (each channel), X-fader on/off button (for each channel), x 2 BPM and x 1/2 BPM (for each channel to double/half the tempo), possible blank encoders/knobs/pads for midi-mapping, better/more accurate channel volume meters, nice heavy duty faders (ie Innofader), and either it be a 4 deck controller or have the option of buying individual matching decks to make it a 3, 4 etc. deck controller, multiple USB/USB-C inputs. The best thing about the S4 is/has always been the beat move/jump section, and it’s the reason I switched to Traktor from Serato then the S4 MK1 debuted. Bought a MK2 after that and then MK3 when it came out. A bigger, badder 4 deck (4 deck sections with jog wheels is my dream co troller, with all the features I mentioned. It could be a flagship/Pro model even. Aside from the already mentioned by everyone features like electric beat grids and stem separating features, I really want to be able to use it in external mixing mode to route each channels individual audio into a 3rd party app ie Ableton to do audio edits of a mix… or maybe it could save similar to a stem file with each channel’s audio as one separate stem audio file? The software won’t allow me to mix with my headphones from the controller when I have used 3rd party apps routing audio from Traktor into Ableton, so I can’t hear my mix (in the Traktor settings it’s greyed out/feature disabled). I can’t my audio levels for tracks just right even after running everything through Platinum notes, so a feature (like what Serato has) to set/metadata save the tracks’ audio level would be amazing to have too.

• djbrettb
    Options

For clarification, I want 4 jog wheels. With all of these hardware features, it would be the ultimate Traktor controller, a Pro-level controller... and reclaim it's long ago status as the best DJ software. Almost forgot, if the controller could could have standalone features like a CDJ to play off USB sticks without needing a laptop (with screens built in), that would be the holy grail. All of those features, 4 big motorized jog wheels.. Could be what the S8 should have been. Please please take this seriously NI, and people please upvote this!

• DJJoe
    DJJoe Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Maybe it would make sense to release a working version first and address the problems that are currently affecting many users.

It would also be appropriate to fully test a new version with each NI controller before rolling out. That would be good quality assurance. This could prevent a lot of dissatisfaction among users. There's no point in asking for innovations if what's already there isn't fun.

I know, this year Christmas isn't until December 24th. but maybe someone will hear my wish. That would help a lot.

• djbrettb
    Options
  • djbrettb
    Options

You could use empty space available on the existing S4 MK3 around the top-right section of the jog wheels (@ 1-2 o'clock position) to put 2 notched encoders (like the beat size/position ones) and have one be for BPM x 2 and x 1/2 depending on which way you turn the encoder, and the other knob for zooming in/out depending on which way you turn it. You could also maybe put a 3rd small on/off button with the "transport mode" buttons ("REV" and "FLX") for turning the X-fader on/off for that particular deck... and another small button above "Master" (@ around the 4 o'clock position) for "Keylock" on/off.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,797 mod
    edited January 19
    Options

The S4 already has X-Fader controls, at the front directly below the X-Fader.

This is the thread of dreams, right? :)

• djbrettb
    Options

Having the controller be bigger really solves all space-related issues. Honestly, the best solution is one larger-than-S4 controller with 2 jog wheels and make individual singe-channel units that are identical to the ones on the controller to add a 3rd/4th deck, or more. Make it so if you bought 2 additional controllers you could separately assign FX banks to those encoders for a true 4 FX bank setup with 4 dedicated sets of FX knobs, assignable to the deck of your choosing. The main mixer portion of the controller could have a larger screen showing waveform displays like you see on your laptop for mixing, and each channel deck could have it's own smaller display for viewing playlists/tracks. Then if there was USB stick inputs for each deck (CDJ style) it could be a completely stand-alone controller without need for laptop (or if laptop fails).

• djbrettb
    Options

Also, it would be cool if you could make cloud-based library storage available across multiple devices, where your library could be updated/backed up... as well as integrate cross-platform support to recognize Pioneer/Serato formats. I'm a little bit surprised nobody is currently doing this besides 3rd party programs like MIXO.DJ

• djbrettb
    edited January 20
    Options

@Sûlherokhh

Would you prefer to fool around moving those little switches on the front of the mixer in a dark room, instead of having a small light-up button that you can simply turn the X-fader on or off? Like for using decks C or D as scratching control? I midi-mapped this along with lots of other features to a Launchpad (see the 4 bottom red buttons in the picture).

• djbrettb
    edited January 20
    Options

@Sûlherokhh

I have/use the Midi Fighter Twister w/Instant gratification mapping, but have issues trying to switch FX controls sometimes. I like being able to customize the LED colors on it though. I use the two FX on/off buttons (per channel) on the S4 to turn on 2 of the 4 FX banks and I mid-mapped buttons on my launchpad to turn on the remaining 2 FX banks for each channel. I have also have an F1 controller and a remix deck set I made with 4 pages of samples (I also customized the pad colors) and that is for when I feel like scratching on either deck C or D. So much easier to just turn the X-fader off for A/B with a push of a button than fumble around in the dark with the controller. If those switches on the front of the controller were larger + had LED lighting that would also solve the issue.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,797 mod
    Options

Of course, visible buttons are always preferable. It's the only thing i don't particularly like on my Xone:96.

Nice setup btw, reminds me i really need to save some money for a twister. :)

• djbrettb
    Options

Thanks, @Sûlherokhh! With the MF Twister you can also assign the FX banks to individual channels, but having pads lit up on my Launchpad is a nice visual reminder which channels have FX banks on/off without having to look at the computer screen or push side buttons on the MF