Display the name of a Cue on its pad in the track deck

wayfinder
wayfinder Member Posts: 341 Guru

I made a screenshot, but I think everyone knows what I meant?

57 votes

In Consideration · Last Updated

This idea has been reviewed by the TRAKTOR team. We will consider adding it to our roadmap.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thank you for submitting this idea. We’re tracking demand for this feature.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

Voted. This is a standard feature in all DJ software now (and is even on the denon hardware).

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Better still, can we have user definable colours for each hot cue please.

• DJ Avadhuta
    DJ Avadhuta Member Posts: 18 Helper

If you don't like the labels on the buttons, just don't write. But for those who need it, it's good to have such an opportunity.

• myalteredsoul

Currently, there is no easy way to reference Hotcue Labels.

Rekordbox, Serato DJ, and VirtualDJ currently display hotcue labels on the hotcue pads for each playing deck.

VirtualDJ and Engine OS (Denon Hardware) display the Hotcue Labels on the moving Waveform.

Engine OS (Denon Hardware) Displays the Hotcue Labels below the static and moving waveforms on each deck.

All are good implementations which would be wonderful to see in Traktor. If these two were on the timeline, I would def pay for a sub.

• Davero
    Davero Member Posts: 4 Member

Confirm - I need this feature.

I use labels mainly for cue-points outside regular 8 hot-cues (I color regular 8 cue points with Joe Easton mod by using certain description, so can't use the label for other purposes). I use them as info cues (i.e. "jump 32 to shorten"). So at the moment after I load the track I need to click on the hotcues to see their descritions to remind me what those infos are.

I'd love to see it on the waveform or other place easily visible.

• Ashley Brown
    Ashley Brown Member Posts: 13 Member

Yep, agreed - this would be awesome.

• DJ MiMau
    DJ MiMau Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Completly agree. This would help to remember what the cue point stands for. Instead of cue point "3", the label could be "3-Drop".

• Kayzo
    Kayzo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello everyone, is there any update regarding this requested feature ? Has it been integrated within the roadmap ?

• myalteredsoul

The announcement of the x1 mk3 has me wanting to come back to Traktor so bad, but this is a feature I’ve grown used to in both rekordbox and Serato. Any news NI?