TRAKTOR PRO Ideas breakdown 2023

Options

Comments

• djbrettb
    djbrettb Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I really wish Traktor would make an S4 style controller with a larger footprint, with larger motorized jog wheels, larger hotcue points, enough encoders to utilize 4 fx banks at the same time, be able to control the LED colors for the entire controller, have additional XLR and 1/4 outputs, zoom in and out waveform adjust (each channel), X-fader on/off button (for each channel), x 2 BPM and x 1/2 BPM (for each channel to double/half the tempo), possible blank encoders/knobs/pads for midi-mapping, better/more accurate channel volume meters, nice heavy duty faders (ie Innofader), and either it be a 4 deck controller or have the option of buying individual matching decks to make it a 3, 4 etc. deck controller, multiple USB/USB-C inputs. The best thing about the S4 is/has always been the beat move/jump section, and it’s the reason I switched to Traktor from Serato then the S4 MK1 debuted. Bought a MK2 after that and then MK3 when it came out. A bigger, badder 4 deck (4 deck sections with jog wheels is my dream co troller, with all the features I mentioned. It could be a flagship/Pro model even. Aside from the already mentioned by everyone features like electric beat grids and stem separating features, I really want to be able to use it in external mixing mode to route each channels individual audio into a 3rd party app ie Ableton to do audio edits of a mix… or maybe it could save similar to a stem file with each channel’s audio as one separate stem audio file? The software won’t allow me to mix with my headphones from the controller when I have used 3rd party apps routing audio from Traktor into Ableton, so I can’t hear my mix (in the Traktor settings it’s greyed out/feature disabled). I can’t my audio levels for tracks just right even after running everything through Platinum notes, so a feature (like what Serato has) to set/metadata save the tracks’ audio level would be amazing to have too.

• djbrettb
    Options

I'll have to read through the thread @Stevan, thanks for posting! :) Ideally, having a way to click and "save preset as" option feature that could be found on the side menu (like playlists, remix deck sets, etc) to load multiple different user-created presets is the best option IMO. Just wanted to mention it in hopes that this small feature could help many frustrated users in big ways. Glad to know that many other users want this feature, and hopefully it comes to fruition.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,702 mod
    Options

I agree not everyone is a mapper and effect presets would be helpful for sure. It is just that there are other more important issues with Traktor and I am giving you idea for a work around since your request is not going to be implemented soon. (if at all, I seen this request many times on the old forum)

• djbrettb
    Options

I agree completely, and thank you for posting the link!

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

The team said next steps on 3.12 BETA and beyond would be announced in January, so if they don't deliver that today or tomorrow then we won't see it until February.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

The first few days of next week are also January.

But I have my doubts if we get a future update.

• Catarino
    Catarino Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I always expect announcements to be about 2 months after they say 🙄

• el_cepeda
    el_cepeda Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

"Mac retina support" - You've had 12 years to do it and still nothing.

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

What’s the state of TraktorDJ on the iPad ? It’s. great app and I use it for small gigs. I would like to have the x1mk3 work with it. I would also like to be able to have the main traktor be mirrored on an ipad since it’s smaller than a laptop. I can use it for searching and keep it out of the way.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

Not been updated in over 4 years. I doubt anything will come in that regard.

Would be cool though. Djay + reloop show what's possible even on a phone.

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options

They still have two more days haha.

• Jacco
    Jacco Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I hope there is going to be a patch/fix/work around for the Rane Twelve "missing ground wire" issue when connecting both USB and RCA signal.