TRAKTOR PRO Ideas breakdown 2023

Options

Comments

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Options

My suggestion is to have an NI team that interact with us poor users.

• Aquarobotics
    Aquarobotics Member Posts: 14 Helper
    Options

I keep checking and checking and honestly, I have very little faith in Traktor development these days. I've been using it since Final Scratch and I may finally have come to the point where I'm ready to ditch NI. Sad? Not really, because it's exciting to think of all the possibilities over the horizon in other ecosystems and all the stuff I've been missing out on by hanging onto a dying platform.

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

And the implementation of the API interface for Soundswitch lighting control would certainly bring many new (old) customers

• Xluic
    Xluic Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I vote for that lighting control too, or a independent software with a instrument type F1, with dmx control too, and comunícate with traktor pro...

I like to suggest a function, *ask to dj... " a litle server port into traktor that people connect it with smartphone, and send requests directly to a Playlist, if connect to a online service and find the request... And the dj only need to see in this Playlist for analyze and order in live...

• Vlasenkoff
    Vlasenkoff Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

nosongrequests/com that the service i use, but built-in traktor would be better

• Ray Lions
    Ray Lions Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I would like to be able to remove playlists from other playlists. I keep all of my tracks in one big playlist. If I've played a venue several times, I would like to be able to delete my sets from previous times playing there, to keep my music fresh for that audience. I do this manually now, but having the option to remove a large chunk of songs at once would be really handy. Maybe there's a way to do this now, but I haven't found it.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 372 Guru
    Options

please dont just post chatGPT content here as if it were your own, or helpful

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

Pioneer have already shown that when DJ software companies enter the lighting space, it doesn't end well.

Traktor just need to partner with an existing company like Soundswitch, Daslight, Wolfmix, Resolume.

A native Traktor BPM sync protocol (like Ableton Link), but with SMPTE Timecode functionality would be more beneficial to this space.

Existing Timecode solutions in the DJ market are very £££££ and usually require two laptops to get it all working.

• JohnnyDiamonds
    JohnnyDiamonds Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Please put beatjumps 64 + 128

Rekordbox have had them for a while, surprised we don't either. Quite useful for jumping over breakdowns of songs!

• JohnnyDiamonds
    JohnnyDiamonds Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Also traktor could use better contrast on their cue points + waveforms, for example rekordbox has purple + blue

In traktor you dont have such options its two shades of blue or the multicolor option

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,797 mod
    Options

I have done this in the following way.

1. Open the playlist you want to subtract (i.e. the-set).
    2. Select ALL tracks.
    3. Move/Copy the selection to your one-big-playlist; hover over it so it opens then drop them at the top of the list.
    4. Open your one-big-playlist.
    5. Right-click on the list and select Remove Duplicates. This removes the scattered files you played from the bulk.
    6. Now delete the files you copied to the top of your one-big-playlist in a single step.

Only way i know to do it as quickly as possible.

• wayfinder
    edited January 16
    Options

perhaps an easier way:

1. select all files in playlist X and give them all the same (random, unique) value somewhere it's easy to remove afterwards, like an otherwise unused tag (right-click->edit will edit all selected files at once)
    2. search for that value in the big list
    3. select and remove search results from big list
    4. remove the unique "used" tag from the files in playlist X

or, perhaps even easier, just use the same tag every time and keep it on the tracks, and use a smartlist that has the condition "does not equal <used_tag>"

• wayfinder
    edited January 17
    Options

bonus idea, more easy still: use colors to mark played tracks, keep everything in the big list and just avoid loading the colored tracks. bonus advantage: the tracks are still there for when you see something you WANT to play a second time

• Fab74
    Fab74 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Why is it still impossible to load Noise FX and Dual Delay FX on X1 MK2 or 3 ???