Note dropouts at beginning of playback on ARM version Logic Pro Komplete Kontrol

Options

Answers

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 236 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I only posted to try and help narrow things down for people facing issues as I thought narrowing down was a good troubleshooting strategy? . The "cut off note" thing seems to be a very common factor in people describing their issues that might have different outcomes or reasons why they happen and this has been going on for months.

Just to clarify for folk, Im on intel Mac OS Monterey, still using Logic 10.7.4 (last Monterey BigSur version) I got crashes in KK from only using Kontakt instruments, not Reaktor. Midi2 has always been disabled here from its inception in Logic. I NEVER start a project pre 1111. But what the guys mention further back, is good advice about going a few bars in to start projects and which I have already adopted.

@Izzie G glad that was of some help! Hopefully things will get ironed out for us all.

EDITED to correct the last Logic version for Big Sur is 10.7.4

• gibsonlp223
    gibsonlp223 Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • gibsonlp223
    gibsonlp223 Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Seeing a similar behavior for Maschine 2. @Jeremy_NI can you give me a previous version I can roll back to for that software as well? Seems like the latest updates may have broken quite a few of your apps in logic. In addition I'm seeing the error "Missing Plug-ins. The following Plug-ins could not be loaded" when loading certain plugins even though all of my plugins are installed correctly and loading in Komplete Kontrol. Let me know if you want me to start a new thread.

• Jake J
    Jake J Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thanks @gibsonlp223 I did roll back to 2.7.2 and it worked in rosetta mode however as I'm on apple silicon this version was not supported for it so I'm hoping @Jeremy_NI if it would be possible to send me version 2.8.0 as this was the first one to support Apple silicon I believe. I would love to see how it goes with this version. Thanks in advance.

• Jake J
    Options

I'd love to jump in on this too as I have the same issue with Maschine 2 in Logic Pro.

• Izzie G
    Izzie G Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

It's too bad, I don't think I'd be able to downgrade, least as far as Maschine goes. I think the first version that the accessibility helper works for is 2.17.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,849 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Here are the installers for the previous versions of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine:

Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0

Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3

Maschine 2.17.0

• Jake J
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI could you supply the Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0 or atlest close to this version? I think I need a version from further back, as I believe the issues arose in these later versions. As I tested 2.9.3 with no luck.

• Izzie G
    Options

I can confirm that 2.9.3 still had those issues present. I am curious to see if 2.8.0 does as well. I'll test out 2.17 of Maschine to see if the dropouts happen on that version.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Jake J I've updated my post to include 2.8.0. From the info I gather here and there, the issue seems to be linked to Logic 10.7.8 as well.

• Izzie G
    Options

Hi Jeremy, the Maschine link is asking for me to request access, which I've done. :)

• Izzie G
    Options

Hi guys, well, over here at least, Komplete Kontrol 2.8.0 has the dropout issues, so I'm downgrading back to 2.7.2 for now. Thanks Jeremy for including that link. "For science!" :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

There was a wrong permission for the folder, it should be fine now.

• Izzie G
    Options

Well, just coming back up to let you guys know that Maschine 2.17.0 does the whole note dropout thing as well. So I'll just upgrade that back to latest, and use it in stand alone for the time being. Thanks Jeremy again for the link.

• Jake J
    Options

Yeah I confirm downgrading the version didn't help, it was worth a go though, I guess this means awaiting an updated version for both Machine 2 and Komplete Kontrol to iron out the dropout issues.

Thanks for sharing the link in the meantime though @Jeremy_NI for peace of mind its good to know those versions didn't help. Although I do hope there is a fix soon! 🙏