Note dropouts at beginning of playback on ARM version Logic Pro Komplete Kontrol

Options

Answers

• Duistere Bardo
    Duistere Bardo Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Having similar issues with dropouts. It doesn't always occur, and it's not clear when exactly it happens. I first thought it had to do with old project files being corrupted, but now it suddenly occurs in the middle of a new project I'm working in. In this case the drop outs started to occur on a KK instance after using the KK S88 MKII as a midi source (in midi mode) for an external synth in Logic Pro. Removing the midi instance for the external synth didn't resolve it, but somehow, disabling input monitoring for the external synth does (which renders external synths unusable though next to a KK instance).

• Duistere Bardo
    Options

This indeed seems to fix it. Also lowering the amount of Processing Threads appears to alleviate the issue on my machine (running on an Intel Mac).

• gibsonlp223
    gibsonlp223 Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Sad update, after some extended use of KK on 2.7.2 I started getting similar behavior. It seems to work for a while but then starts to glitch out after extended use, getting the same audio dropouts I got before. Very annoying to be in the middle of a production session and having this happen, especially after I just dropped 1k+ on Komplete Ultimate and a KK keyboard. Not the premium experience I was hoping for.

• Duistere Bardo
    Options

Does setting the amount of Processing Threads to the amount of cpu cores of your machine (instead if the amount of threads) maybe resolve the issue? This should be half of the maximum amount of threads you can set.

• DannyDan
    DannyDan Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

fwiw this happens in fl studio as well in KK and Kontakt for me

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@DannyDan Could you recreate the issue in a small project, zip it and post it here?

• Itamar
    Itamar Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Experiencing this issue too for a while now. The first note does not play Using all latest versions of Logic Pro and Komplete Kontrol on an m1 MacBook Air when using logic in native mode. Everything works Ok when running logic in rosseta.

• Marius666
    Marius666 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

the issue suddenly occurred again in Maschine now. Thought maybe my library disks were faulty but besides Maschine and newer versions of Komplete Kontrol everything is absolutely perfect.

I'm on an intel Mac too, FWIW.

• Rollo
    Rollo Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

How long is it going to take before this issue is fixed? Come on NI, jeez!

• gibsonlp223
    gibsonlp223 Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

NI is just totally cool with selling a $1000+ product that straight up doesn't work with a major DAW. What a bunch of scam artists you guys are.

• James Hawkins
    James Hawkins Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Same Problem. Huge time Killer. KK S61 mk2. Notes being cut off. It's Also almost impossible to record anything in or play anything on the keyboard when this bug is active with a Komplete Kontrol instance. The integration with Logic/especially transport control/has always been painfully buggy, but this one is the worst bug in 7 years with it. Please bug fix this..thanks!!!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@James Hawkins This bug is very specific, it's only affecting the 2nd beat of the first measure of the project. If your symptoms are different, the source of the issue might be different. Have you contacted our support about it already?

• mickeyl
    mickeyl Member Posts: 58 Helper
    Options

While I can understand that the team is busy with the final touches for rolling out NKS 2 and the next evolution of the KOMPLETE KONTROL product line, it is really annoying and slows me down a lot. It doesn't seem to be localized to single projects, so I'd expect that a whole lot of people with that hardware setup are plagued by it.

• iocontrol
    iocontrol Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI any updates

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Yes, the issue should be fixed with the next Komplete Kontrol update that is coming soon to accompany the release of the new keyboards.