Komplete Kontrol audio preset previews getting cut off in logic pro (Intel Mac)

Options
gibsonlp223
gibsonlp223 Member Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there, on my intel i9 Mac I'm seeing an issue with Komplete Kontrol where preset audio previews are getting cut off. If I have just one instrument track with Komplete Kontrol on it, the previews play no problem. However if I add a few audio tracks with a plugin like Line 6 Helix Native, then the previews begin to cut off when the Komplete Kontrol track is selected. When I select one of the many audio tracks but keep Komplete Kontrol open, the previews play fine. Please note this only happens when the Komplete Kontrol track is selected.

Another weird thing is that changing the multithreading setting in logic to just "Playback Tracks" will fix it, but then the other plugins will tend to spike on one thread and cause overloads more frequently.

Sometimes even when playing the sound will get cut off. This seems to be some kind of issue with how Komplete Kontrol is being managed by the CPU. I don't have these kinds of issues with other plugins.

Things I've tried:

Everything has full disk access that needs it including Logic

Restarted logic multiple times

Rebooted

Reinstalled Komplete Kontrol

Specs:

Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1

Intel i9

32 GB Ram

Logic Pro Version 10.7.8

All Logic Audio settings are set to defaults

Best Answer

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I posted about it in the thread I started. I'm not sure if the link NI gave me still works but you could give it a try or ask support to put one up here in the forum. Ive just finished writing to someone else more or less the same thing.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11281/logic-hard-crashing-after-updating-kk-and-a-number-of-plugins/p1

Answers

• Jojo123
    Options

You have similar specs to me but Im on Monterey.

I've seen multiple issues in recent months of this occurring to varying degrees and with varying outcomes. Many people have described it as notes sounding like blips and just cut off.

For me, I got hard crashes and started a thread about it. I was trying to get the issue sorted with support but the last I heard was on the 24th of April saying they'll get back to me. They haven't. In my case it happened as soon as I updated KK. Another updated version came out and I tried that as well, with the same result. Hard crashes as sson as I played a note in Logic. Stand alone OK.

So Im still on an earlier version of KK and Im able to work.

• gibsonlp223
    Options

Yeah sounds like the same thing. How were you able to roll back the version?

• Jojo123
    Answer ✓
    Options

I posted about it in the thread I started. I'm not sure if the link NI gave me still works but you could give it a try or ask support to put one up here in the forum. Ive just finished writing to someone else more or less the same thing.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11281/logic-hard-crashing-after-updating-kk-and-a-number-of-plugins/p1

• gibsonlp223
    Options

Hey man, just a quick update, rolling back the version worked! Thanks for the tip. Hopefully they get whatever is wrong fixed in a later update.

• Jojo123
    Options

@gibsonlp223 your welcome and thanks for getting back. It makes a difference when people tell you they've been helped!