Note dropouts at beginning of playback on ARM version Logic Pro Komplete Kontrol

Options

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,854 mod
    Options

@Jake J Thanks for the additional info, I forwarded it to our devs.

• Jake J
    Jake J Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Thanks, Looking forward to the fix, as I mainly use Komplete Kontrol software and Maschine 2 within Logic Pro so haulted my workflow.

In the meantime I have seen some people have success with rolling back the versions of software how do I go about getting the previous versions of the software for Komplete Kontrol and Maschine in the meantime to test out?

• Izzie G
    Izzie G Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

That answers my question about Maschine 2 in Logic. So far, I've just been using the stand alone app, and that works just fine. I'm curious as well how to roll back.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 236 Advisor
    Options

@Izzie G not sure if the link in my thread still works but Im sure @Jeremy_NI can get something organized for you if it doesn't. NI should make prior versions accessible for situations like this as it totally borked my workflow until I could rollback.

• Izzie G
    Options

Hey @Jojo123 I got it installed, thank you, it does still work. Hopefully I can stay on this older version until all this gets sorted.

• Jake J
    Options

@Izzie G Are you having the same issue using Mashine 2 in Logic?

• Jake J
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I acquired version 2.9.2 for Komplete Kontrol and rolled back to this version from 2.9.4 however it's still giving me the same issue unfortunately. I just installed over the current version though, is it recommended to uninstall and remove all the files from Komplete before downgrading? Maybe that's why I had no luck rolling back to 2.9.2

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Jake J It's highly possible this issue was present before or that it's caused by Logic 10.7.8. Downgrading Komplete Kontrol will not help in this case.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Jojo123 Your issue was different, the issue in this thread has been reproduced and identified.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@iocontrol Your issue is different, i know, the thing is a lot of people experiencing this precise bug jumped in your thread, I had to close it to stream line communication. It seems there was an issue with your latest request, wrong email address, I've created a new one, you should have received an email. I'll be keeping an eye on it. Sorry about that.

• Izzie G
    Options

@Jake J No, I only installed the 2.7.2 that @Jojo123 provided from their thread. So I wouldn't know about Maschine, I apologize. Speaking of KK, @Jojo123 that worked! Thank you! I was able to load up Logic no problem. Even better, is you can install right over your current version, even though the installer tells you you have a newer one installed than the version you're installing. So just breeze right through, and you should be good. Now, any idea of wich maschine version would work? :)

• Jake J
    Options

@Jojo123 ok cool, which version of logic are you using? As I tried the 2.7.2 version of KK in native mode on my m2 MacBook and I'm still getting the same audio cutout issue on the first note until it loops around. That was your original issue, right?

• Jake J
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Ok thanks, what seems odd though is it's the exact same issues using KK and Maschine 2 on both Logic Pro and Garageband. Garageband had a recent update, but no luck still so it makes me think it must be KK and Maschine. It's driving me crazy as they are my go to's in Logic, I hope there's a fix soon 🙏

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 236 Advisor
    Options

@Izzie G I dont use maschine. I do have latest Logic but Im staying on 10.7.4 at this point. There seems to be quite a few issues with latest version and I was holding off updating to Monterey hoping my issue would be fixed. Meanwhile 3 versions went by and I couldn't update Logic. One thing I'd strongly recommend is every time you update Logic, zip it up/or just copy it and back it up straight away to an external or somewhere else. Logic updates overwrite the current version. Apple won't make it easy to rollback if you don't backup.

• Jake J
    Options

Any update in regard to this? Or is there a place I can go to try different versions? It almost seems bizarre there's no changelog of previous versions to downgrade and test troubleshoot as I'm sure I'd find a downgraded version that could keep me working in the meantime.

Right now I can't use Komplete Kontrol software or Maschine in logic which is highly frustrating, but I also understand this is the downsides that come with software.

I do wonder though as both Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 have this issue in Logic and Gargband if it's a sync issue.