Microsoft Defender detects Trojan script on update file of Massive X

14567810»

Answers

• PEZ-S
    PEZ-S Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am having the same issue with the latest Kontakt 7 player update. Defender detected and quarentined Wacatac.H!ml and now no Kontakt instruments work at all in my DAW. I need to reinstall Kontakt and hope it remembers all the paths for the instruments as well as actually install correctly this time too.

• ziryab
    ziryab Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2023

Buenas; alguien tiene problemas con un archivo ddl (chrome_wer) al abrir Maschine, desde que paso todo esto del trojano?

Saludos!

P.D. También pasa con d3dcompiler_47.dll

• Manu_1980
    Manu_1980 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 21

I think all this ****** that Traktor puts in is associated with the data sharing parameters to ''help'' NI with their future versions…

I hope that NI is not selling my data to third parties, because if that is the case, what I am going to do is report them properly, since I have not consented to such a thing.

Now I can understand that YouTube and other platforms are continually sending me Traktor ads… everything is clearer now hmmmm

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert

Let's quit with the conspiracy theories for a second.

This "Wacatac" thing is very often a false positive (?). Windows Defender likes to overreact sometimes - such as last year when it suddenly flagged products from NI and other companies (hence why this very thread here exists). There was never a trojan to begin with and - after Microsoft updated Defender several times - these messages eventually went away. Chances are high that yours is a false positive as well.

As for "selling my data to third parties": When you enter the NI website, you are presented with a cookie dialog. If you accept it, then you're bound to what the Privacy Policy (the thing you agreed to) says. Better give it a read. By my understanding, NI does not sell your data. If in doubt, send an email to the privacy@... address listed in that policy.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,357 Expert

Do you even know what files are located in /Transients/?

• Manu_1980
    Manu_1980 Member Posts: 5 Member

Monochrome:

Maybe I expressed myself wrong, I was referring to Traktor with the section I mentioned in my previous message. Nothing to do with the website etc. I think either I have explained myself poorly or you have not understood me.

No conspiracy theories, I talk about facts, my ads on both my mobile and PC, on yt and other platforms, but much more on yt is constantly from Traktor and that is something I can prove. So I speak with facts, nothing conspires or nonsense.

...will we blame third programs? So tell me, how could it not be one of the plugins provided by Native Acess itself?... I have no idea, because I assure you that I don't have anything of my own for this. The issue and all these Trojan warnings at all levels and various users, it turns out that it is our fault, lor-carlos, of course!

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro

That's quite a lot of assumptions, for a false positive.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,357 Expert

I never said or implied it was anyones fault.

But transient is just the beat grid data. I have no idea how you get from beat grid to selling data to 3rd parties.