• Jorgen Kirksaether
    Jorgen Kirksaether Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Another one

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 997 Guru
    edited March 2023
    Options

Also just hit this one on Kontakt 7.20 updater moments ago.

But I also see a new version of Native Access 2 (v3.2.1) has arrived - will install that and try again.

EDIT: The new version of NA 2 does not help this condition. Kontakt 7.20 installer continues to be flagged as an intruder.

VP

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

3.2.1 does not address any antivirus stuff. I'm updating everyone here.

• Caladfwlch
    Caladfwlch Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I have had the same problem with Kontakt_7 and Traktor_Pro_3. I just tried re-installing a few times and managed to install them. Restarting your PC might help.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited March 2023
    Options

Search for Windows Updates. The latest "Security Intelligence" for Defender shouldn't flag the Massive X installer as malware anymore. At least I was able to install it yesterday, after updating the Defender Security Intelligence (which are simply the virus definition files).

• Jorgen Kirksaether
    Jorgen Kirksaether Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Confirmed. After the newest Defender update, MassiveX installed fine.

j,

• ReAktor
    ReAktor Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Kontakt 7 install is still being flagged even with todays virus definition update. Did anybody at NI test this before they shipped it to their customers?

• LauLau
    LauLau Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi,

I've tried to update to v7.2 with Native Access and it failed, because of this:

Am I the only one?

Best

Laurent

• zzz00m
    zzz00m Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

NI has stated they have already screened their installers and they are clean. This a known issue with Microsoft Defender giving out false positives. It also affects a few other company's products.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11699/known-issue-windows-defender-flagging-products-as-trojans/p1

• chk071
    Options

If Microsoft snuck in a virus definition update shortly before or after NI distributed the updates, then they can't do anything about it.

The fact that Defender flags other audio software companies installers as well says it all: Defender flags them as false positives.

It's OK, it can happen, the way antivirus software works.

• Arx
    Arx Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Why the frick is this file called Wacatac.H!ml ffs? You're telling me a developer at NI chose this name? No, no, no. Trojan all day long.

• chk071
    edited March 2023
    Options

The way I understand it, that's not the file name, but the name of the (falsely) detected malware.

Again, the Massive X installer isn't detected by Defender anymore, with the latest virus defition files, so, it isn't a virus.

• ReAktor
    ReAktor Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

To be frank, I do not know whom to trust here. I guess I will wait for some time and see what happens next.

Defender never let me down in the past, it is better to be safe than sorry. Antivirus protection software is there for a reason, greenlighting the installation of a potentially harmful software is a bad idea imho. It is with NI now to fix this, either by taking action with Microsoft or changing their installation tool until it is no longer recognized as a threat to my systems security.

• chk071
    Options

Did you update the Defender Security Intelligence to the latest version and attempted the installation?