NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

For some reason I get the “Plugin could not be loaded” dialogue with these presets, whereas the VST3 template by Kymeia seems to load. Also my fab filter One and FX work in VST3. Anybody else experience this? I am sure they worked when I first downloaded them, but may be tripping.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

If i remember well, Twin 2 was VST2 only. And Kymeia's vst3 template was for Twin 3, not 2

EDIT: My mistake, it do exists. Here it is, Kymeia's template, it says VST3 inside file. Maybe you download something else?

• Diam
    Options

Christos Adamos uploaded the VST3 presets and previews for Twin 2. As I mentioned, the VST3 template works, but not the factory presets for me.

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

Strange, my VST conversion works for me (tested on Windows platform) and loads ok the plugin, but template from Kymeia won't load (plugin not found error). I'm sure that i make the conversion with Kymeia's template so i will investigate it further

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

Thanks, sorry I’m not able to test at the moment but the template was definitely made with the VST3 on Mac (but it was too buggy to save presets with for me)

• Diam
    Options

Interesting that. I am on Mac OS, so it maybe the files don't migrate well for some reason. Thanks for the feedback.

• Diam
    Options

I have now migrated to Twin 3 and am using the template posted by Kymeia. I started mapping the VST3 presets as the previews have already been made for a VST2 version, though I am finding anomalies on Mac OS when saving them. For some reason some of the patches are barely audible when I select them after saving in .nksf. I get a different loudness and resonance on some patches as if it has changed the parameters. If I open the preset manually I hear the sound as it should be played.

Can't figure it out at this point, but maybe there is a solution.

• Sunborn
    Options

I also have those problems even with the (supposed) updated Twin 3 version! It is like the developer was drunk while he worked on this. Lot of things does not make any sense, also in Windows, such as what you mention "some of the patches are barely audible". Some basses have arpeggiator, while some Arp patches have no arpeggiator at all!

I am also working on the VST3 NKS but very-very slow. I already did the Arp & Bass (if you prefer to skip them so we can finish this nightmare ASAP).

• Kymeia
    Options
  • Diam
    Options

I am not really sure how to remedy the issue at present. How are you approaching it? Is it a case of just saving them again or do you need to start from the original template. I did the bass and arp category before realising there were issues.

• Sunborn
    Options

I always start from a template! If doesn't exist, then i make one.

In this case, i use Kymeia's template, i load it and then navigate through the presets and save them, one by one

• Diam
    Options

Sorry, I probably didn't explain it clearly. I was asking how you resolved the presets not saving correctly for Twin 3. I think as @Kymeia said, there is an issue with the plugin that somehow prevents some of the presets recalling correctly for me. I will try again when I get time.

• Kymeia
    Options

Too many of the presets don’t sound right so I would hold off till Fabfilter fix this properly - I have reported the bugs and even sent them a video

• Sunborn
    Options

Oh, that is not the case for me. Whatever save (so far!) it saved under the correct name and reloads the correct preset.

Also i plan to re-save some presets in order to make sense (remove the arpeggio from some basses, for example) and then remake those NKS.

I figured out the problem of why some patches are barely audible. It is because they are Velocity sensitive (at least some of them). I had nearly no sound and keep playing notes and open up volume, then i got nervous and pushed a key really hard. That's it, suddenly i had sound!

Bottom line is, that lot of work has to be done and many factory presets need to be reworked a bit and saved, but i think it worth the trouble.

• Kymeia
    Options

maybe the bugs are just on Mac then?