NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,741 mod
    Options

No need as they migrate so the VST2 NKS work with the VST3 too (if the VST2 is absent)

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,598 Expert
    Options

I’ll be looking to update them if they do not migrate soon…

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 98 Helper
    Options

I have both installed, do I need to uninstall the vst2? Or was there a VST3 update? Mine do not migrate. Maybe I just need to log in to Soundtoys and update?

I did about half an vst2.

I tried with one vst3 and it now shows up as double, one for vst2 and one for the vst3.

• Kymeia
    Options

They do migrate

• Juho Tuomainen
    Juho Tuomainen Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hello all forum post readers,

Vagus, thanks a lot on your work with the BeatSkillz plugins! I would want to hear about the status of the Zodiac .nksf file situation from Christos Adamos and would hope that he (or someone else with the same knowledge) would make the .nksfs for the Zodiac.

Kind regards,

Juho Tuomainen

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

I have just send a request for a NFR version of Zodiac to Beatskillz.

The HALO-2 working ok for you?

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

One more template for a third party Reason synth - this is for WTFM which is a cool wavetableFM hybrid synth - you can create complex harmonics by modulating the 450 or so WT waveforms of the oscillators with the 4 operators - makes it capable of some very varied and interesting sounds

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 98 Helper
    Options

I downloaded the latest from Soundtoys and installed both VST2 and VST3. No migration. I'll try to remove all Soundtoys from the DB file and have it re-read everything. Later probably. We'll see whats wrong.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2023
    Options

They won't migrate if you have both VST2 and VST3 installed as they will default to the VST2. If there is no VST2 they open in the VST3 (at least that's what they do for me on Mac - I guess maybe the situation is different on Windows - but it shouldn't be because the original files ere saved on Windows for most of them)

• mogularpb
    mogularpb Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I just made my first attempt at creating a NKS library, from the Universal Audio 1176 Rev A Compressor. I have run into an issue where I cannot get the artwork to show for the plugin, despite matching the naming conventions used in the other Universal Audio plugin user libraries that are available. Also the plugin does not come up under Universal Audio, rather it comes up under Universal Audio (UADx). I have done this on an Apple Mac, saving each preset out manually. I copied over all of the .json files into the appropriately named folder, and then edited them to reflect the 1176 plugin. Are there any typical newbie gotchas that I should be aware of here?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    Options

I don't know this plugin, neither how its name appears correctly, please upload here the NI resources folders (both folders in full hierarchy, but json and meta files only, not the images) and also one of the presets, to check them an tell you more.

• Kymeia
    Options

Look at the UADx NKS I made in the user library and use the same locations and syntax

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    Options

Here is the mistake:

Vendor on the presets is Universal Audio (UADx)

But on your resources is Universal Audio

What you can do is:

• either select all your presets on Komplete/Maschine, use Edit and change the vendor to Universal Audio
    • either change your resources (folders, json, meta) to universal audio (uadx)
  • mogularpb
    mogularpb Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

@Sunborn That's fantastic! I was looking at it in a hex editor and wondering how I could change that. I never stopped to think that I could actually change it inside Maschine. I just made that change and all of a sudden everything shows as expected. I had actually played around with folder namings, but that didn't seem to make any difference, and I really wanted this to align with the naming conventions that have already been used on the other plugins.

Thank you for taking the time to look into what I had done.