NKS User Library

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru

@Juho Tuomainen I've now completed the Beatskillz plugins, which you can find on the User Library Dropbox, by clicking this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/77xozc5vbzb3svf/AAA3BbR9EbN7WFcZa6_SOyq2a?dl=0

Papyrus Keys was more difficult, as this had to be tagged by ear, but I hope this helps.

Any feedback or changes, let me know and I'll amend. As for Zodiac, I believe @Christos Adamos Is working on this one.

• Vagus

Let us know when Freestyle gets a VST3 - honestly, given the developers history, it would be worth NI buying it, and hiring him full-time to bring Maschine/KK into the 2020s.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert

I never heard these plugins and seem interesting.

So you think they are good additions to NI for KK. Do you suggest them?

Being you considerable quite an expert of plug-ins to use with NI I would take your suggestion. And also considering you are already thinking to “port” them for NKS User Library 👍🏼

I have some money to spend in a couple of plugins and this round I’d rather look outside of NI circle.

Any suggestion would be welcome and thank you for making me discover them

• Vagus

I think @Kymeia might own more than me....

I'd go for Generate, Novum, Phase Plant, Plasmonic, Equator2 and Surge XT - best around, and all for different things, IMO.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 98 Helper

So, to repeat so I am 100% sure I understand. The custom MST_plugin image can show for UVI, Reason, etc libraries, but NOT for 3rd party Kontakt libraries? Ie, the circled image below will not be possible for Kontakt, correct?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,283 Expert

I was talking more specifically about the 3 in the NewSonicArts bundle, but thank you anyway for more suggestions 😉

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited June 2023

It can do if it has its own product name - that's how NI get things like the Play series to show up under their own logo and not the Kontakt one - otherwise KK just uses the generic Kontakt thumbnail for Kontakt instruments. However to give it a product name appears to be something that requires the NKS developer tools, although it is possible some of the independently developed tools like that GULP thing might be able to do it but I don't know how to use that.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Obviously the developer intends people to use them as plugins/apps in their own right but I do find for me they complement KK well and overcome shortcomings like not being able to create multis and complex chains, and the 3 samplers are relatively simple and fast to use while offering different toolsets - Nuance for example also has drum pads and can quickly create kits that I guess (although have not tried that aspect as I'm not much of a drums user) could be used in Maschine. It can also sample plugins. I'm dying for Freestyle to come out as VST3 though.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,351 mod
    edited June 2023

Gulp is an extremely useful tool, but it can not change vendor name for Kontakt 3rd party banks. Actually, as long as those 3rd party libraries are on a Kontakt User folder and not on a Factory folder, they can be edited directly on Maschine/Komplete Kontrol

But this tool can!

It is a GUI interface for Windows, for those who do not know how to use scripts. It can do a lot of nice things and tagging Kontakt banks is one of those.

To use it, you need to install Python and NimBank-v4.2.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Added template and example patches for Nuance 2 now to NewSonicArts folder

Note on the template mapping - I have mapped all the 'hardwired' params the plugin includes by default but this is based on a basic default sampler setup (using the examples it comes with). If you are creating kits or more complex multi layered instruments you will obviously need different envelopes, XYs, fx etc per cell/sample. Nuance 2 has the ability to create custom automation setups by adding additional automation Ids (using right click on the param to be mapped) and once added in the plugin these will then show up as mappable params in Komplete Kontrol or Maschine but these need to be done on an instrument by instrument basis.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,351 mod

Speaking of Kontakt 3rd party Libraries, here are the custom resources that i made for my few (just 11) Libraries. They are quiet rare libraries but i hope that it might be useful for some of you. :-)

Resources are for the libraries below:

Ancient Greek Strings

Ancient World - Instruments of Antiquity

Egyptian Ney

Ethnic Flute Phrases

Ethnic Vocal Phrases

Kick and Bass Machine

Mongolian Voices Ancient Phrases

Orient Express

Shevannai - Voices Of The Elves

Suspended Cymbals

Voices Of Ancient India

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Found and reported a bug in the Vice VST3 beta so will wait for a fix before finishing the template for that

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Added template and factory patches for NewSonicArts Vice VST3 now too

It's a cool sample slicer along the lines of Recycle and can import Rex/rx2 and midi so slice and playback rhythmic material - supports drag/drop of samples from the KK browser.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

A new addition to the Reason Rack Pack - I've made a template for the JPS Harmonic Synthesizer:

Based on the famous RMI Harmonic Synthesizer (as used by JM Jarre). This is one of my favourite Reason Rack Extensions (and currently on sale). Fully mapped template including the FX - in the Reason Rack Pack folder in the NKS User Library

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023

Bought a few low priced REs in the last sale - here is Spectra - another Additive Synth but much more powerful than the above - a bit like a cross between Parsec and Alchemy in that it has some of the ease of use of Parsec but also has a fully fledged and very deep additive editor and re synthesis options which are very powerful - added a template to the Reason rack pack