Problem when trying to update to the new Kontakt Player version

KyoMusic
KyoMusic Member Posts: 2 Noise
edited February 24 in Native Access

If you do, it will remove your actual standalone app, it will appear as version 0.0.0 in Native Access, and it will not display an installation path.

You will need to then open a support ticket because nobody can answer the question of why in the world it's doing this stupid *****.

Also, despite a blank installation path and having version 0.0.0, there is no "repair" option. There is only going to be 'Reinstall', which, after you've reinstalled it successfully... doesn't change anything.

Be warned. Just keep your current version because this version doesn't work and Native Access won't update it. Instead, Native Access will simply delete it.

Then, in the middle of trying to write a song, you can't use Kontakt because Native Access deleted it and pretended like it "updated" it.

Don't update your Kontakt Player 6 to its newest version if your current version works, unless you don't want it to work anymore, in which case, click that "update" button and watch it disappear from your system with zero explanation.

Yes, I opened a "support ticket" but I highly doubt they will provide an actual fix.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 972 mod

Hey @KyoMusic It seems you're having an issue with Kontakt and Native Access. We didn't get similar reports yet. I see that one of my colleagues already answered your request this morning. I'm pretty sure we'll find a solution to the problem. I've updated the title as it might be confusing for other users.

• Liam5150
    Liam5150 Member Posts: 1 Noise

I’ve had the same issue today. Any fixes?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 972 mod

@Liam5150 OP never replied to my colleagues, so I assume that this is what solved the issue:

Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

@KyoMusic Do you confirm ?