Problem when trying to update to the new Kontakt Player version

KyoMusic
KyoMusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

If you do, it will remove your actual standalone app, it will appear as version 0.0.0 in Native Access, and it will not display an installation path.

You will need to then open a support ticket because nobody can answer the question of why in the world it's doing this stupid ******.

Also, despite a blank installation path and having version 0.0.0, there is no "repair" option. There is only going to be 'Reinstall', which, after you've reinstalled it successfully... doesn't change anything.

Be warned. Just keep your current version because this version doesn't work and Native Access won't update it. Instead, Native Access will simply delete it.

Then, in the middle of trying to write a song, you can't use Kontakt because Native Access deleted it and pretended like it "updated" it.

Don't update your Kontakt Player 6 to its newest version if your current version works, unless you don't want it to work anymore, in which case, click that "update" button and watch it disappear from your system with zero explanation.

Yes, I opened a "support ticket" but I highly doubt they will provide an actual fix.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

Hey @KyoMusic It seems you're having an issue with Kontakt and Native Access. We didn't get similar reports yet. I see that one of my colleagues already answered your request this morning. I'm pretty sure we'll find a solution to the problem. I've updated the title as it might be confusing for other users.

• Liam5150
    Liam5150 Member Posts: 1 Member

I’ve had the same issue today. Any fixes?

• Jeremy_NI

@Liam5150 OP never replied to my colleagues, so I assume that this is what solved the issue:

Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

@KyoMusic Do you confirm ?

• Jay731tay
    Jay731tay Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same problem. Lost a lot of songs today.

• Jeremy_NI

@Jay731tay All the users posting here were on Windows and it looks like this article helped them fix the issue: Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

Since you're on Mac, what is your operating system? Can you post a screenshot of Kontakt in Native Access showing the issue?

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 168 Advisor
    edited September 2022

After having updated a bunch of NI Plugins today, Native Access also offered a new option to me, namely to optionally install KONTAKT 7 PLAYER. As I'm owning the full KONTAKT 6 version, I'd be just interested to check out the improvements in terms of screen resolution/scalability etc. before deciding to buy any upgrade to the full KONTAKT 7 version.

Maybe someone can answer the following question to me:

What happens if I try to install the offered KONTAKT 7 PLAYER while KONTAKT 6 FULL is still installed? Will I screw up my existing setup, e.g. will the KONTAKT 7 PLAYER installation automatically remove my complete KONTAKT 6 installation (and probably much more if I'm reading the horror stories described above by other users)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Kontakt 6 and 7 should all be able to remain installed on the same system, along with one or more players. When you install a new one, the standalone app requires setting up sound and MIDI, so they clearly have their own settings.

• Jeremy_NI

@B.Minor As @Ronny Bangsund said. Kontakt 6 Full Version and Kontakt 7 Player are 2 different products. Just be careful not to save the Kontakt libraries that require the full version of Kontakt with Kontakt 7 Player.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 168 Advisor

Thanks a lot, Jeremy_NI and Ronny Bangsund, for your replies.