A few words on the new Kontakt 6.7.0 update

Options

Comments

• ronwis0122
    ronwis0122 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Cannot install android 12 on my phone so far.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

Neither I. I even cannot install any android on my phone. Google is real looser, that it does not support my phone. I have paid fortune for android programs and they do not run on iPhone. ;-)

• Delgibbons
    Delgibbons Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Now that kontakt is M1 compatible, I would literally pay extra for an Auv3 version of Kontakt in my iPad Pro.

i have 200gb of unencrypted Kontakt translated instruments through AudioLayer sampler and Cubasis….the only thing missing is my legato Cinesamples. Some time the dream must be realised 😀

Audiolayer shows what’s possible for dfd iPad samplers 👍

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hopefully not earlier than 15-20 years :) lol

By the way, I am a mac M1 user :) the thing is great, but I don’t want to see another Rosetta experience with all this long taking updates

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

There has been 15 years between Rosetta 1 and Rosetta 2. The world becomes faster and faster, so Rosetta 3 should come sooner than in 15 years. I think it will be less than 10 years. Sometime around year 2030.

• metakings64
    metakings64 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am happy the first NI product is Mac silicon compatible, finally. Since I use Kontakt mainly in Komplete

• djix
    djix Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

YES! Thank you SO much for the communication. I think what's frustrated me most is that NI has largely been silent on any kind of timelines. I know this isn't set in stone, and that's fine, but it really helps to know that resources are actively being allocated to this effort.

Bonus points for a full list of timelines but I'll take what I can get 😉

Cheers,

-loops

• last_moments_studio
    last_moments_studio Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi

Could this be the reason My Studio One 3 DAW is crashing every time i try to use my Kontakt 6 software?

I'm honestly still green on this tech and software stuff

I just recently bought Kontakt 6 a few days ago. Was working fine on Studio One 3. I just got home 20 mins ago and my S-ONE-3 DAW crashes along with my Kontakt 6 every time I try to load a project using Kontakt 6.

Any advice on that?

I don't want to think i spent all this money on a music engine that will make my DAW crash all the time.

Would love to find a solution on this asap... time is music :)

Cheers

-Alain

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

Can you please read my post above and delete the file at the mentioned location, see if that helps?

• Thombo
    Thombo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

maybe because compatibly and support for macOS never being a priority of NI ?

• EvilDragon
    edited February 2022
    Options

Absolutely incorrect. In fact most developers at NI use Macs.

It's because backwards compatibility is practically built into Windows, and is never a huge priority for Apple.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

We're already working on being more transparent with our release/project schedule, and we look forward to be able to open up more. Stick around, we'll definitely share this kind of information here.

• Jonathan Green
    Jonathan Green Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. I’ve tried the new software and it is working great. This may seem a daft question but do the libraries all work in native then? Or are the library still being translated on the Rosetta two within the Contact program.I know there will be spelling mistakes in this, but please forgive as I am blind and dictating. On this subject, is there any news on complete control as I use the accessibility functions on my S1 series.

Thanks and best wishes

mac M1 Monterey (latest) 16GB RAM Logic Pro

• EvilDragon
    Options

Kontakt libraries have nothing to do with x86/ARM and all that. This is all handled by Kontakt.