A few words on the new Kontakt 6.7.0 update

Comments

• Jonathan Green
    Jonathan Green Member Posts: 9 Member

Thanks for that

• ranch
    ranch Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi, I posted this in another thread but I just found this one for Kontakt 6.7

I notice on some instruments I am no longer able to access the scripts. I often add my own tunings. The Edit Mode option is now called Instrument Option. The button now has two gear icons, a large one and a smaller one instead of the wrench. Is there a new way for me to access scripts to add my own tunings? Some instruments still have the wrench but some don't. Or is this option no longer available on some instruments? : (

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Some instruments are locked for editing. Nothing you can do about that.

• frozenjazz
    frozenjazz Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello, I am overall extremely happy with Native Instruments and Native Access, such a breeze to use, and to install products.

But god knows why, I decided to update my Kontakt to 6.7.

NA says installation ok, but Kontakt 6 has disappeared from my DAW...

I reopen NA, it shows Kontakt 6 as "not installed", I try to reinstall, success, but same problem.

Today I can't work, this is a blocking issue for me...

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
  • frozenjazz

Oh, I did not think of that; I'll try when I am back at the studio (in 6 hours :) )

I have contacted the support, so hopefully they'll sort this out.

• frozenjazz

Well, I cannot run standalone as... the executable cannot be found!

It is like if it had totally uninstalled Kontakt6. I still have Kontakt5 installed, but most of my instruments need K6. And still no answer from the support...

Fortunately I am not in the studio today, otherwise I would not be able to work at all!

• EvilDragon

Try to repair installation of Kontakt in NA.

• frozenjazz

Hi, ô dear NI master :)

Well, when I install it, it says installation is succesfull, but then when I launch NA again it appears in my "not installed" tab, so I don't think I can repair it.

Wondering if my antivirus could be doing something ?

Llike removing temp' files, but usually it says so explicitely.

While running the installer again, and having "WizFile", a fast file searcher for win10, with "kontakt*", I briefly saw some Kontakt6 files, but at the end of the installation they were gone.

Or could I get an "offline" installer for Kontakt 6.7, to install it manually outside of NA ? And try to disable my antivirus (but for this I prefer to be offline!).

Thanks for your help, EvilDragon (have been following you since ages, on Reaper forum :) )

• frozenjazz
    edited March 2022

Maybe this can help investigate... I wanted to upgrade Raum to 1.2.2 but it fails, and in the "installed" tab it now shows as in "Demo".

And before I tried to upgrade to Kontakt 6.7, suddenly my Kontakt 6 was complaining as being in demo, and I had to activate it. This is why I launched NA, saw the upgrade, and tried it.

But I can't "repair" my existing Kontakt 6 as for now it is totally ... gone!

EDIT: thanks to "WizFile", I had time to copy the Kontakt6.7 installer while NA was trying to install it, so I copied it, and I'll try to install it manually and will report my results here.

• frozenjazz

You know what: problem solved!! :)

So what I did is be fast enough to copy the offline installer for Kontakt6.7 while NA was trying to install it...

installed it manually, and everything is ok. Would be curious to know why NA failed to install it (while saying it was ok).

Now, is there an official, simple way to download the offline installers? When you have a slow connection or need to install to 2 computers, this can be extremely handy.

• EvilDragon

Nope, the way you did it is kinda the way it is for now.

• frozenjazz
    edited March 2022

ok.. so I am glad the installation is not instant, and I have an ultra efficient search tool (WizFile), so now I can work again, otherwise I would be stuck?

Well, I have seen that you can find Kontakt 6.7 installers but I don't know if they are legit or not...

I am curious to see when the support will officially answer; but this is a bit scary when you cannot work;

I had a similar issue with some authorization problems with some other big brands;

I buy all my software but having backup / easy to install versions can save your day... I'll keep the Kontakt 6.7 installer in a safe place :)

EDIT: the support team just sent me.... an offline installer :)

• kerrysmith
    kerrysmith Member Posts: 9 Member

This is great. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs with the new "Mac Studio".

I am curious about the memory management under the new Apple Silicon architecture. Is Kontakt able to "do more with less" memory than under Intel, or do we still need to throw massive RAM at it / wait until we can get more than 128 GB of memory in a machine if we're running big orchestral sample-library sessions?

• jimexplore
    jimexplore Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Can anyone tell me if Kontakt 6 Player is also likely going to be getting an upgrade in the short term, too? Or is it just the full version? I would have thought Kontakt 6 player should be an easy win since it's effectively just a more stripped back version of the main Kontakt application.