A few words on the new Kontakt 6.7.0 update

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

That's an issue on Apple/Logic side, unfortunately.

• Peevy
    Peevy Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

It's completely crashing on my m1 macbook air in both logic 10.7.2 & Ableton Live, including the vst3 & standalone.

The previous few betas pre RC (didn't get a chance to try the RC) were running just fine. I've reverted back to a previous beta for the vst3 & standalone & it's working again. Funny enough the au now runs fine as the latest 6.7 this way.

• CT Blaze
    CT Blaze Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    edited February 2022

Please also put some resources into migrating MAJOR products like Maschine, Reaktor 6, Guitar Rig 6 and more to VST3, for the Windows users.

Steinberg enforces deprecation of VST2 and more and more hosts do not support VST2 plugins any longer.

I feel like I have set on the wrong horse, 8 years ago, with my choice for the NI ecosystem, when it comes to staying up-to-date with the latest tech developments in audio production, This is really LAME, and your product management / obsolescence management and development strategists should have seen this coming, being the audio software giant that you are. What is going on, is there a timeline for the afforementioned products supporting VST3?

I, and many others, have put NI purchases on hold (Komplete 13 upgrade, or Guitar Rig 6 single license purchase), and I am considering switching to other products, if you don't speed up the VST3 migration.

I#ve always been a fan, and recommeneded and defended NI products in the communities, since 2014.

That's crumbling - it's your duty to keep your expensive products up-to-date, why does NI react SOOOOO late to all the tech changes out there ?!

• EvilDragon
    edited February 2022

Don't worry, everything will be VST3. Just consider the size of back catalogue that needs to be updated. It's far from a unified codebase between all the NI products, so this requires attacking them one by one rather than blanketing some half-assed VST3 support...

Which are those "more and more hosts" that don't support VST2 any longer? Let's see: Bitwig, FL Studio, Live, Studio One, Digital Performer, Cakewalk, Reaper, Reason, MuLAB, they all still support VST2 (some are ONLY VST2 currently, like MuLAB and Reason).

• Acerbic
    Acerbic Member Posts: 1 Member

Did they make a new HiDPi GUI or did they keep the old one?🙄

• ThomasM74
    ThomasM74 Member Posts: 7 Member

I had no issues with Windows 11 also with the previous version of Kontakt even it was not officially supported😀

• d0stenning
    d0stenning Member Posts: 22 Member

Great news!

Once all the ports over to ARM are done and settled in I'm really hoping that NI turn to considering putting KONTAKT and other NI plugins etc onto the iPads - maybe only starting with M1 but given that most of the hard work porting to ARM will be done ( some extra work no doubt needs to go into using the iPadOS API and AUv3 bit still - must be a long way there - with most DSP issues sorted already ) this seems such a logical move,

And would seriously make the iPad emerge as a more serious "pro" tool.

( scuse pun )

• EvilDragon

That sort of stuff is not something that would usually happen in a point update.

• MLK
    MLK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

It seems that the nasty problem with the persisting surround channel creating multiple custom outputs in Cubase 11 Pro has been solved.

In contrast to previous versions of Kontakt 6 "Studio Drummer" now seems to use all the outputs created for the individual drums again.

• SH-1
    SH-1 Member Posts: 28 Helper

One could... theorize... that it possibly should have happened long ago, when Kontakt got the new UI in 2016. I believe that was a point update as it went from 5.5.something to 5.6?

Anyways... just restating that this is more important to me than being able to use plugins on new apple devices.

I'm sure it's a great update! Sucks for me though, I personally won't really be able to use it- due to the nature of my work, I can sadly not use windows scaling and live with the blurriness. It is imperative that audio software runs in HiDPI mode here.

• KyoMusic
    KyoMusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Oh I have a few words about this product. TRUST ME. But, they'd be censored if I said those words on this website. So, I have a lot I'd LIKE to say, but I'll just keep it to myself.

To others, they make this sound exciting, right? The product doesn't work. If you update to this version, Native Access will delete the standalone app, it will say in Native Access that you have "Version 0.0.0" (nonexistent version), and when you look installation path, it will be blank.

You've been warned. Don't upgrade. They botched this very badly.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited February 2022

Well, installation works, product works.... At least on Win 10, on my comp and Full version. New version does not appear in NA to install on my Win 7 comp. I hope, it will work if I install it manually. I know Win 7 is not supported....

• EvilDragon

If you install it on a newer machine then move the EXE/DLL/VST3 files to your W7 machine, it should very well work. It's just not going to be available through NA.

• EvilDragon

No the update works just fine... I don't know what happened over at your machine, though. Try to repair/reinstall from scratch.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    edited February 2022

@EvilDragon said

If you install it on a newer machine then move the EXE/DLL/VST3 files to your W7 machine, it should very well work. It's just not going to be available through NA.

OK, thanks. I expected it will work. As well as Super 8 does, which is not also supported. And GR6 as well.