Hissing White Noise When Using Maschine

DJ Go-iLL
DJ Go-iLL Member Posts: 19 Member

Has anyone had an issue with Maschine where suddenly hissing white noise overtakes your ability to use the Maschine Software. I've had Maschine for a while and have had this happen when using my Maschine Studio Controller and when in Standalone Mode using the Maschine Software. Could this be a plugin issue or something else. I'm completely lost and this is extremely frustrating.

Tagged:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Well, when this noise occurs do you see any signals in any parts of the Maschine software?

It it is a loud noise after a period (set a stopwatch maybe) then it could be some plugin you have that is in demo mode and times out with white noise. Just a wild stab in the night...

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Long shot, but could it be this issue? How to Resolve Ground Loop Issues (Hum or Buzzing Noises)

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I am using Maschine Studio for years and Maschine SW on 3 different computers and no hiss ever.

So, it might be ground loop or some other problem specific to your computer/controller.

• hisoul
    hisoul Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2022

The first minute user experience after my first maschine+ connecting

- don't you think the machine self-noise is too much? Even in an empty project, connected directly to studio monitors, the self-noise is very high (when no masking sound is playing) ... compared to Akai Force on the exactly same setup, where there is NO audible self noise. I mean continual noise, no sudden pops or waves yet. No inputs running, no gain on inputs.

I like the Maschine+, but this is sign of cheap preamps, what a bad visit card.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited September 2022

I assume rather a bad gain staging in the current signal chain, ground loops, bad wall socket or wrong, e.g. unbalanced, cables. Result: Poor S/N ratio. Today's (pre) amps are good enough.

My M+ signal chain doesn't hiss.

• hisoul
    hisoul Member Posts: 26 Member

Yes, you are right. M+ has a different output impedance. I send the signal directly to active monitors so I must keep the output volume around 5%. That is the moment of low s/r ratio. But in normal chain with a mixing desk I can raise volume over 50% so the noise is gone. Thanks guys. I am really happy for the M+.

• Almus
    Almus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same issue- when connecting directly to my studio monitors, there is too much of self-noise - even with the output volume at 0db.

When going through an audio interface the noise is gone.

Any suggestions? Thanks!