FM8 Crashing Pro Tools on launch

Options
Raysis
Raysis Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Massive X & Synths

I'm doing a complete clean install to a new MOBO/CPU/SSD drive -- Windows 10, Pro Tools 11, Komplete U13, etc. Launching Pro Tools, as everything is loading, I get an error:

boost::filesystem::create_directory: The system cannot find the path specified [system:3]: "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\FM8"

Pro Tools then stops loading and quits.

I have all samples on a separate drive and spent an afternoon "locating" all of my installed sample sets one-by-one. But this shouldn't affect FM8 AFAIK. I also have "Download" directed to a different drive from the System drive, if that is a factor.

I tried reinstalling, with the same error. I finally just uninstalled FM8 as I couldn't launch PT with FM8 installed.

I realize the error generated is a Pro Tools error, but I'm wondering if there is a clue out there as to how to fix this. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Raysis
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, I solved the issue by manually creating the folder /FM8/ at the designated location. There were other NI folders in the same location, but no FM8.

Not sure why there was an issue with this, but FM8 is now installed and functioning.

I learned that the boost::filesystem::create_directory stuff is C++ code FWIW.

Answers

• Raysis
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, I solved the issue by manually creating the folder /FM8/ at the designated location. There were other NI folders in the same location, but no FM8.

Not sure why there was an issue with this, but FM8 is now installed and functioning.

I learned that the boost::filesystem::create_directory stuff is C++ code FWIW.