Native Access 2 is here

Options

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 347 Pro
    Options

I have to admit I am surprised that this has been released without the expected vendor option in categories. For some reason it doesn't seem to show Soniccouture's freebies which, although free, still need to be installed.

As others have commented, it's speed in loading is a ton off-putting, even if appears to be perfectly in keeping with NI's and particularly Maschine's less than sloth like development.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited July 2022
    Options

Bearing in mind that TRACKING behaviour, If you want to see pictures of my family, the path is C:/Multimedia/Family.

My own made music is under C:/Multimedia/Songs.

And my own sampled waves I happen to use not too often are in C:/Multimedia/Samples.

Enjoy.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

Hey @Jojo123 I've reached out to the Native Access team for clarification. I'll get back here as soon as I have something to share.

• tmpc
    tmpc Member Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Yep! It's a mystery to me, as well. I still use older Macs running older OS for music purposes, but added a PC a few years ago and will never buy another Apple computer for music purposes (too many changes / no stability).

I fear the day when NI pulls the plug on NA1 support of older operating systems . . . but, I'm sure it's coming. Creating music with computers is a deal with the devil. 🎶 👿

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

Thankyou for your response Jeremy_NI.

If people are ok about allowing this, thats fine, but please leave the option there for those of us who don't feel comfortable about it, to at least opt out. If IRC the buttons were disabled on each product by default, meaning it was opt in, which really respects peoples choice.

I really enjoy my NI products and I've had no regrets shooting for the flagship product from the get go. In such a case its on the cards there will be issues like glitches, bugs and so on, which you can work around, get help for etc.... I can get along with all that, but this one would personally be a deal breaker for me.

As has been mentioned, pseudo-ononymous can be de-anonymized which makes it even more creepy. If there is no opt out with the latest update I'm requesting that you guys reverse that.

Again, thankyou for your response.

• Heartleader
    Heartleader Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 347 Pro
    Options

Another thing requested, that seemed to be on the cards, but not implemented was the ability to choose which versions to install. i.e. the ability to choose not to install AAX for those who are unlikely to Pro Tools. Any word on that ?

• Atomic Audio
    Atomic Audio Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

On M1 the App Start is painfullly slow, needs to install something after each system start, then active products for minutes and then 90 seconds to start the app...

Back to v1.x and Rosetta

• ozan
    ozan Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Is it possible to hide certain libraries? I have a bunch of really old libraries that I don't use anymore and do not want to see them when browsing the application.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Options

Sorry, but this is not possible. I will forward your question as a feature request.

• MusicStuff
    MusicStuff Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

extremely slow even on the last updated both Mac and windows 11. on both the cover art for all the instruments and sound list are not showing up.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 251 Pro
    Options

Well, at least the license checking works to stop pirates 🙄

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 51 Helper
    Options

It’s extremely slow on my Intel iMac as well. NA1 starts quickly and works much better. NA2 not only takes forever to launch, but the entire UI is slow and laggy. This isn’t an M1 issue. It’s poorly made software.

• Puranon
    Puranon Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Why can't you pre-select multiple Kontakt libraries filepath while Native Access is offline?

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited August 2022
    Options

Looks like tabs would be a great addition.

A group of tabs, say one for available libraries, another for the ones planned to be used, another for those being used in project#1, another for project #2...

Nice, isn't it ?

This discussion has been closed.