Traktor 3.5.3 - audible low frequency song distortion
Hi there - I noticed something quite disturbing in Traktor: when a playing song is Sync enabled, and Ableton Link function is running, you will hear clearly audible distortions on the low frequencies, especially on low bass kicks.
I tried on several computers, any CPU, any Windows version will do. The song volume is not relevant nor is the signal strength (did not try on Mac but I think it could be the same):
How to reproduce on a standalone Traktor 3.5.3 (latest version as per today):
- Load and play a song having lots and repetitive low frequency kicks (10-50 Hz).
- Enable Ableton Link and, enable Sync on that loaded and playing song (you don't need to have any other device connected to it).
- Listen to the audible low frequency artifacts. Enable and disable Sync to hear the distortion go on and off. Enable/Disable Ableton Link, you will hear the same problem. It sounds like the signal is saturated, but in reality it is not.
I would be interested in knowing if anybody else has experienced the same problem. Especially from NI, I would like to hear if this is a known bug, since this is I think quite important to address and if left like it is now, it will make the Ableton Link function non-usable.
- 6K All Categories
- 17 Welcome
- 281 Hangout
- 48 NI News
- 121 Tech Talks
- 548 Native Access
- 2.8K Komplete
- 345 Komplete General
- 572 Komplete Kontrol
- 1.1K Kontakt
- 287 Reaktor
- 91 Battery 4
- 167 Guitar Rig & FX
- 121 Massive X & Synths
- 112 Other Software & Hardware
- 1.4K Maschine
- 12 Sampling Room
- 1.5K Traktor
- 1.3K Traktor Software & Hardware