Traktor 3.5.3 - audible low frequency song distortion
Hi there - I noticed something quite disturbing in Traktor: when a playing song is Sync enabled, and Ableton Link function is running, you will hear clearly audible distortions on the low frequencies, especially on low bass kicks.
I tried on several computers, any CPU, any Windows version will do. The song volume is not relevant nor is the signal strength (did not try on Mac but I think it could be the same):
How to reproduce on a standalone Traktor 3.5.3 (latest version as per today):
- Load and play a song having lots and repetitive low frequency kicks (10-50 Hz).
- Enable Ableton Link and, enable Sync on that loaded and playing song (you don't need to have any other device connected to it).
- Listen to the audible low frequency artifacts. Enable and disable Sync to hear the distortion go on and off. Enable/Disable Ableton Link, you will hear the same problem. It sounds like the signal is saturated, but in reality it is not.
I would be interested in knowing if anybody else has experienced the same problem. Especially from NI, I would like to hear if this is a known bug, since this is I think quite important to address and if left like it is now, it will make the Ableton Link function non-usable.
- 4.7K All Categories
- 17 Welcome
- 224 Hangout
- 35 NI News
- 98 Tech Talks
- 419 Native Access
- 2.2K Komplete
- 242 Komplete General
- 472 Komplete Kontrol
- 844 Kontakt
- 239 Reaktor
- 72 Battery 4
- 139 Guitar Rig & FX
- 104 Massive X & Synths
- 81 Other Software & Hardware
- 1.1K Maschine
- 11 Sampling Room
- 1K Traktor
- 847 Traktor Software & Hardware