More information on future updates M+

Comments

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 214 Advisor

linux unfortunately does not play well with the timing of aggregated devices. My interface rack has 28 inputs, so currently I’m using my iPad as a digital mixer (and for saving programs to projects since Maschine plus still doesn’t have program change send that works), so I can use all 28 inputs at once.

I would love to use all of them directly in the plus. Mine runs stable when using 8 inputs.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 269 Pro
    edited September 3

We don't have even latest update mate. It was previously scheduled for april. We have september. :D I don't even wait anymore. Gathering some money and switching to Force if Akai will be still support it because at the moment situation is similar to M+…

• KrisG
    KrisG Member Posts: 4 Member

So, im pretty new to the NI Maschine eco system (look at my post count). I come from akai mpc's, rolands, abletons push, polyends, m8's, eg owned almost all grooveboxes.

Does it has quirks? Ohhhh yes! Does it need updates? Damn yes. Software does feel pretty outdated.
    but in the end, producing music is something that comes from our brain and starts with Inspiration. When im producing a new track, maschine clicks with my brain to move around the system very well and fast.

Long story short, maschine sits in the top 5 of my best gear. Its sounds great, it feels great.
    i also think you all feel the same, as why so many replies here in this thread. Means you'all love the maschine like me.

Maschine update(s) will come. Just take it easy. Let them cook. NI understands very well that the customers are in need of updates. Will the update satisfy us in the end? Maybe? Maybe not. If not, lets move on. There is so many gear to choose from these days ( with all the plusses and minus ).

I do agree though, that communication from NI can be a bit better. They should involve the community more, hype them, deliver it, take notes, have critical convo's, so the product will be the most amazing in the end. Especially if a new customer wants to invest into the eco system.

Will see what the future brings.

No offense to anyone though ❤️

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited September 3

Yes, you’re right. Great instrument and workflow. Therefore my complaints aren’t about the lack of feature upgrades of the Maschine software, but the lack of clear and timely communications, and the lack of bug fixes, stability improvements and functional updates, like:

1. compatibility with the latest desktop software,
    2. a more user-friendly process of exchanging projects and samples (preferably through wifi),
    3. decent file management incl. external HDD / SSD,
    4. and last but not least, better support for class compliant audio interfaces.

These all remain half-baked, error prone and/or buggy implementations. Points 1 and 4 seem to be included in the upcoming update… but with the announced update for Maschine desktop software, I’m afraid that we as existing M+ customers are on hold for that one to be released first. Despite the experienced bugs and unnecessary limitations… and again, I'm not talking about extra creative tools or features, because yes, then there is always something to wish for.

• AdelV

Neverending story - updates and development process of both software nad M+ is just too slow.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 460 Pro

I also own different units, and M+ is definitely the easiest to use and most inspiring tool of expression I own. I gotta say that the emx-1 from Korg, the old blue one, is awesome too. It gets nasty very quickly hahaha. Ease of use/complexity of unit ratio is also the best in the M+. It’s just so much more than a groove box or a sampler. I call it the instrument of instruments.

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 114 Advisor

K8 will be the selling point for M3.0. Maybe as a paid upgrade.

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 114 Advisor

Exactly! That’s what I feel. I love M+, and will keep it to use all my existing NI library available in standalone. But the NI ecosystem don’t glue well together in standalone and I am looking towards Live 3 to expand with a future proof standalone device. Looks like M+ is going to be abandoned sooner than later. Sad…

• AdelV

The case of NI and Maschine show clearly: Music should always first - not technology, not toys and tools. Tools are changing, comapanies are changing, sometime in the good way some time not so good, but in the end what is really important it's music itself.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 182 Pro

so much potential for real platform synergies: have M+ support custom Reaktor ensembles (of course within the cpu and memory limits) and deeply integrate it with Kontakt, Jam (mk2?), Traktor (for hybrid dj setups), and the traktor controller range.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 182 Pro

its extremely frustrating right?