More information on future updates M+

Comments

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro

Also responded to the ‘Kontakt 8 speculations and questions thread’, because I really would like to know if k8 will have an export feature for Maschine Plus.

Of course it would be nice to have an update to the Kontakt ‘player’ on M+, too. But then again, I don’t think the hardware (and UI) are the best option to edit instruments / libraries. So I guess a compatible export of custom instruments from within Kontakt on the desktop would be a nice solution… or do I miss something here…?

• MaikR

@Matthew_NI @Kaiwan_NI @Simon_NI @Kai_NI as this M+ update was already in test on July 5th, with a release expected within a few weeks, could someone please give us an update on this one? Thanks.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

«There is no spoon»

• MaikR

Humm… even stronger pills? Then I better switch onto permanent IV.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 269 Pro
    edited September 12

+1

We are asking them for updates and info but to be honest - that's not how it should work. :)

It's near mid september - 5 months since previously announced/planned date of update. Looks for me like December scenario is still in the game :DDDDD

• MaikR
    edited September 12

I’m afraid you’re the only one that’s still in the race for reaching the next level of this game…

But hopefully @Matthew_NI is just talking about some additional features… 😔

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 216 Pro

Lower your expectations and walk away less disappointed. The M+ is crippled by below par hardware CPU+ RAM specs that would not scale well with today's tech and needs.

NI is still a software company and profits come from releasing hardware that sells the software. Maschine is a preset seller anyone? On flip side this is how fate of Traktor could be revived because it's all software. To be standalone hardware isn't where NI is at, not currently for sure.

• MaikR

It’s definitely not the hardware, but a complete lack of responsibility.

As said before I’ve lowered my expectations to ‘below par’, just looking for the audio interface compatibility to be fixed. And finalizing the half-baked USB drive support would be nice, too.

• Percivale
    edited September 13

If it ain't the hardware then why are some instruments and plugins/FXs, etc. not ported 1:1 over to M+?

• Percivale
    edited September 13

We are talking about different things. I take it as you are driving home the point about business decisions vs NI's obligation to complete their original offering on their product. I am saying that the hardware will not scale well in 2024. All you need to do is look at all those videos stress-testing, how to reduce CPU usage and attempts to "assure" viewers that a couple of Monarks will not overload the system too much; right from the early days of release. CPU and RAM are limitations to the M+ regardless of what you think about its purpose and the power of optimised software and no, you do not have to agree with this perspective. Who uses an Atom processor today?

• MaikR
    edited September 13

That’s right, I have a different perspective.

And I’m also completely satisfied with the M+ as an entirely standalone sampling workstation… except for some bugs, for which the fix is part of the release notes of the announced update to the kernel software.

For the rest I can only hope NI has a customer friendly exit strategy if they’re planning to kill off the Maschine Plus to reallocate resources. Because ‘priorities’ differ… that’s what we can read from Matthew’s post, too.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

First, 1:1 is not possible for many plugins because they have UI elements that simply require a two dimensional mouse interaction.

Second, business decisions, again. We know it’s possible because of leaked ports that were only available for a couple of hours. For example Vintage Organs for Kontakt (which I fetched). Or Absynth (which I missed). There was also an information leak on the forum about more plugins being allegedly in test.

And then there are those instruments and libraries that even exhaust the resources of laptop computers, which surely cannot be ported to a standalone device without heavy optimization. Anything using granular synthesis for example (NI‘s *light trilogy for Kontakt).