More information on future updates M+

Options
MaikR
MaikR Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Hello @Kai_NI ,

From your previous comment on the topic about the Maschine Plus 1.5 update, I understood that you were going share some information on future updates for Maschine and also about the compatibility of audio interfaces.

I’ve interpreted your comment as it would be available within a couple of days. So maybe it’s due to my curiosity and/or impatience on both of these subjects, but when do you think you can share some information with us? Really looking forward to it 😊👍🏻

Comments

• MaikR
    Options

Hello @Kai_NI

It has been more than a month…

“It may take some hours or days before I can start those new threads as I am currently preparing, consulting, coordinating and gathering information on the respective topics”.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to pin anyone down on a statement or some sort of commitment. I also don’t know if something else is going on or interrupted the proces. But a quick update to the community would be nice.

Maybe @Kaiwan_NI @Jeremy_NI ?

Regards,

Maik

• Braz
    Braz Member Posts: 56 Advisor
    Options

When there will be a new Maschine to sell us, NI representatives will magically pop on the forum.

I love my NI stuff, but even I recognize that communication with customers is kinda 'meh'

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,902 mod
    edited January 21
    Options

I’ve interpreted your comment as it would be available within a couple of days.

I cant speak for others but IDK where you got that extreme optimism from, nothing happens in 2 days, if something is gonna happen in 2 days then it's not even worth announcing, one might aswell just wait those 2 days and deliver... maybe 2 months if all goes well.

• MaikR
    Options

Well, at least not another software update or solution to the things mentioned 😄 But we’re talking about a couple of postings to clarify things. And yes, even then getting the required information within a bigger company like NI, at the end of the year, and on ‘delicate’ topics like these can be quite time consuming. That’s why I can fully understand why it’s taking a bit longer… so in that case it’s okay to just inform the ones who are waiting.

• MaikR
    Options

@Kai_NI well, I think you've seen and read my message and request by now, right? Let me just assume that you, as the person ultimately responsible for this product, are not in a position to provide more clarity. And then we as users/customers are simply back to square one. Disappointing.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 846 Guru
    Options

@Kai_NI If I could get the kernel config file for 5.4.177 and any patches to the Yocto board support package for the Conga SBC, that'd be great. Also this LVDS display stuff is killing me, how can I force the BIOS to display on a standard DVI/DP/HDMI monitor, instead of the modified LVDS panels. The M+ enumerates my USB keyboard, and ctrl-alt-del reboots it, so I'm assuming getty is running. You don't happen to have creds to log in do you? /s

Cheers

#sarcasm

• MaikR
    Options

Why sarcasm when someone politely asks several times whether he wants to keep an apparently simple promise? Or am I misunderstanding your message?

• reffahcs
    edited February 8
    Options

Yeah you misunderstood. I was basically asking for all their secrets, but there's also another thread that I've been posting in where we've been trying to figure out how the M+ works and doing a lot of hardware reverse engineering to figure it out.

My post was sarcasm because they would never give me that info in a million years, it wasn't directed at you or your post(s).

• MaikR
    Options

Aah! Okay 😉 thanks for this explanation, much appreciated 👍🏻

• reffahcs
    Options

No worries :) the downside of forums. Hard to convey/understand tone unless you really know the person on the other end.

Cheers

• MaikR
    Options

Bump... @Kai_NI

Good to see some information on future updates for Maschine / Maschine+, but still really looking forward to the information on the audio interfaces. Anything...?

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 182 Helper
    Options

MIDI in and MIDI out out and back to M+ = Lock States on Time Line

I didn't Record the Sound because I have to connect to computer and I would rather to be able to use USB storage for transferring the Files.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 141 Pro
    Options

@Kai_NI

This would be huge for me. I'm willing to participate in Beta if you need more peeps to test the kernal on their M+ and Motu interfaces.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 343 Guru
    Options

I've avoided being a beta tester for M+ because I'm cautious... but I'll be the test dummy for this. I'm already on the centercode site. Message me here if you want beta testers.