maschine is hard to use

swingmix
swingmix Member Posts: 114 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

NI's other software is very smart, especially KONTAKT, which can generate various patterns according to chords and combine them into music, which I can use immediately!

However, mashine doesn't work. I bought almost all the expansion tones of maschine. They are very good, but they are not easy to use. It can be said that they are very unintelligent.

What you can do is to generate different patterns according to the input chords, so why don't you do it? Never say you can't do it, the rest of you KONTAKTs are doing great! Band in a box can be achieved more than 30 years ago, your latest maschine can't do it. Why exactly?

I'm excited about maschine's expanded sound, and I'd rather be able to type in chords right away.

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Maschine does work, just doesn’t have a feature you want. Why buy the expansions if you aren't happy using them?

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor

Hello,

you could theoretically use Maschine as a VST in Band-in-a-Box if you only care about the sounds you bought. As a sound module, so to speak.

Band-in-a-Box supports VST as far as I can tell from the homepage.

Have fun.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

Garbage in, garbage out ;)

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

I can made every genre with Maschine very quickly in a way I never could imagine with Cubase , mouse and a any other MIDI controller. Maschine is robust but limitations are actually inspiring and believe it or not resampling and all tricks with Maschine are solutions that majority are using no matter which DAW. You can make Wave table sounds and modulations in matter of seconds and with Samplers Sample Start you can get results that are yours autentic and they sounds amazing and more stable then using Wave table Synthesizers. It is just one amazing creative feature. I think that you can squeeze as much as you can from the Maschine simply , just try , something as a task , as challenge and you will get results very quick and more lively sounds just let go all controls you have in mind and start to record your performance. After that there will be no competition.

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 129 Helper

Don't complicate things, try to do it in minimal condition with , Ritam, Bass , Lead , Pad and Vocal and you will realize that it is solution for every successful Artist. As sooner you start to finish your projects and release them the sooner you will be happy.

• swingmix
  • DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

See latest manual there section 11.3

• swingmix

My English is not very good, can you give me the link to the latest manual?

thank you very much!

• swingmix

In other words, can only rely on "MASCHINE+" hardware?

Can't make your own music if you use MASCHINE software alone?

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

Sorry I don't understand these questions fully.

You can make music with M+ standalone or M+ as a MIDI controller for Maschine SW or Maschine SW using your mouse and keybord only.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru
    edited May 2022

I don't think swingmix wants to make music. In many of his posts he mentions Band In A Box, and complains that Maschine doesn't work the same way.

Well no, it doesn't - because it's not designed for auto accompaniment.

You can't just choose a style, enter a chord sequence and have it play a full backing track. It's not the right tool for the job.

Maybe here? -> http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/index.html

• swingmix

I also make music by myself. I've made many types of music with NEXUS and AVENGER to entertain myself.

I just think that MASCHINE's software and expansion sounds are very good, and it should have the function of generating music. It will be more popular.

If you have to assemble it yourself, why not use other sound software and DAW directly, isn't it more convenient?😘

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

To be fair with the chording question Serato Studio has features towards that and it isn’t an “arranger-like” app. In fact can also do things like dj edits that other users are requesting for Traktor…

Maybe Maschine software could open a bit its audience adding some tools targeted towards music arranging (chord building, interval suggestion, scale mapping, harmonic suggestion, etc) I don’t know very well the software so maybe some are already there…

Maschine doesn’t need to become a DAW but could get some functions to grow on its user base IMHO.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 995 Guru

There are plugins for that kind of thing...

https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins/