maschine is hard to use

Options

Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Serato studio integrate these without extra plugins/apps and also designed with music production not djing in mind.

• swingmix
    swingmix Member Posts: 114 Member
    Options

captain-plugins is just a MIDI generator.

captain-plugins don't have so many good expansion sounds.

The extended sound of MASCHINE is very professional and very classic. I bought a lot of them, but I couldn't input chords to generate the musical structure I wanted.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited May 2022
    Options

@swingmix wrote:

I couldn't input chords to generate the musical structure I wanted

IMO it’s quite simple:

• Browse for Sound
    • Load Sound
    • Switch to Pattern mode
    • Select free slot
    • Switch to Keyboard mode
    • Hit record
    • Press Pads
    • Hit Stop
    • Quantize

Voilà!

Or use the Chords mode. Even simpler.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

Machine is not hard to use.

It is really easy. Study the manual and tutorials.

Insert effort.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,132 Guru
    Options

captain-plugins is just a MIDI generator

....and what's wrong with that? You seem to want automated tools to "write music" for you instead of actually playing things in - that's what those plugins do.

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

i wanted costume Chords to Pads feature and i started a big wish but in meanwhile i had to create and playing shords can be easy if you have a patience to find chord that fit together the way you wanted and thats it. if you want to compose music quckly then maschines chords are enough for start and even much more. be patience and learn things you can do it easy and leave hard for special training . one thing its sure , if you feel like an Artist then dont hide your music and finish what you started and then go to next , believe in your self.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 347 Pro
    Options

swingmix

How are you actually inputting to Maschine? Are you using a midi controller or just a keyboard and mouse?

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited September 2022
    Options

Strange comment, how do you know if you are happy using expansions if you don'y buy them? you can't demo them, cracks?

Nope, the software does not have the chord feature.

Which don't work in Maschine? weird suggestion.

He only uses the software, which doesn't have the chord feature.

Well the main thing wrong with it, as already stated, it doesn't work in Maschine, weird suggestion.

Bingo, somebody actually noticed they were struggling, instead of just fanboying them.

Using just the software loses a lot of the feature set of Maschine, maybe read posts before getting all elitist on people in the future, why aren't mods cracking down on this ******.

"OMG a user is finding the software hard to use, and has the audacity to ask questions in the user forum, HOW DARE THEY"

• PK The DJ
    Options

@flexi said:

Which don't work in Maschine? weird suggestion

Er.....the reason they're called plugins is that they can be hosted by any software that's capable of doing that - which Maschine is. There are even videos on the web showing how people are using them inside Maschine...

Ergo, nothing weird about my suggestion.

• tempsperdu
    Options

All the chord / sequencer plugins don't actually work in Maschine currently without using 3rd party software that can communicate the midi to the instrument

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    Options

@Flexi wrote:

He only uses the software, which doesn't have the chord feature.

The original post is also tagged „Maschine Studio“. I didn’t find any obvious hints, that there’s strictly no hardware (of any sort) involved.

And even if: You can draw notes in the Event view using the mouse, as in any other DAW. I still don’t see the issue with the Maschine software.

However, if not using the Maschine hardware, it would probably be more convenient to use a proper DAW and load the desired Sounds from the Expansions into a Komplete Kontrol plugin instance.

• PK The DJ
    Options

@tempsperdu said:

All the chord / sequencer plugins

Which ones? The videos I see with Captain Plugins in Maschine make no mention of having to use 3rd party hacks.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 334 Advisor
    Options

if you don’t have a Maschine controller , why not using komplete kontrol instead? It contains a chord feature and you can set it up with your keyboard and mouse and a bit of midi routing and use it in band in a box

• tempsperdu
    Options

Neither does Scalar, Cthulhu, Cream etc, etc, I'm afraid I don't know them all, but they all require you use Meta Plugin, Unify, Minihost, Patchwork or similar to get MidiFx into Maschine.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

Yeah not so much, Maschine does not support MIDI generating plugins.

As stated above, you need a 3rd party wrapper.