Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• Slid
    Slid Member Posts: 3 Member

I understand steams from beatportlink is not avaible and not possible its adaptete, to new option in traktor ?
    Else i need parate or buy tracks ) ?

Amazing update, thanks !

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru

yes, you have to generate/prepare the stems first. beatsource and beatport won't work.

• beaubryte
    beaubryte Member Posts: 1 Member

Dragging and moving tracks downwards on a multi paged playlist needs some work. The margin to force the browser to scroll down is way too small and too slow. It scrolls down one track at a time, so it takes forever to reach the bottom end of a long (200+) playlist.

• innerdrum
    innerdrum Member Posts: 65 Member

sorry for my previous comment wasn't meant for 1st world costumers-. Im sorry

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 266 Pro
    edited July 18

Will the roadmap actually be continued?

There were still things like daylight mode and high dpi browser.

• Owner

we don't know. but hopefully, yes!

there is also an interesting quote about further development of traktor on djtechtools:

"The team has grown over the past year, and we have a rich roadmap ahead of us for the Traktor ecosystem. We decided not to share our Traktor roadmap with this release […] in the meantime, we’ll be closely listening to feedback from this release and steering development priorities accordingly."

• Trickery
    Trickery Member Posts: 6 Member

I totally agree with this comment, by the way great job on this update, there are still things that can get better like stems mastering but I am really amazed.

I still get better results using demucs or mdx-net stem convolutional networks but they are way slower and the time/ quality results of the stems is good on traktor rn BUT i hope you will not leave it like this and keep improving quality / implementing support for other stems extraction algorithm or improve the existing one, moreover I hope you will soon implement Gpu acceleration in order to get better quality faster or for the same time.

Moreover having a little more parameters to play around for the stem creation could be a great idea, even with the stem separation itself.

I'll try to see if flexible beatgrids work on stems tommorow

Great job on the implementation of all these functionnalities.

Suggestion for an incoming update : HUD button to change waveform from stems to track, you can do it even if you are on stem mode but I don't actually remember how to map it X)

Bought it right away, sad for traktor plus subscribers, I hope that NI will do something to thank you for your loyalty

• Owner
    edited July 18

The mapping command you are looking for is: Track Deck → DAW View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5yE9QXuHPw

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 193 Pro

What do you mean by retina display? Could you give me an example of say Djay Pro 5 on MAC with the retina display to compare because I don't have a MAC, but I hear a lot of MAC user talking about retina display. Djay Pro 5 is the holy grail of DJ software for MAC does it have retina display for MAC. Because on windows it's doesn't even scale properly on full screen on windows.

• oghersi
    oghersi Member Posts: 14 Member

With respect, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the situation. NI Advertised certain features that were supposed to be available to the Pro Plus subscribers. They are now available to those who upgrade, but those of us who paid anual subscriptions (and we are in month 7 of the year) did not get these features, nor will our subscription payments be honoured towards the upgrade. We rented a car for two years. Paid in advance. Were promised a better equiped car that was never delivered but it is now offered to us it if we pay something extra. That, in my book, is deception.

• djf!r3
    djf!r3 Member Posts: 28 Member

i been paying for yearly subscription so what now do i get traktor pro 4 for free or what

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 319 Guru

It's really not the same thing and you know it

Would you prefer to keep paying for the features monthly?

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 319 Guru
    edited July 18

This won't happen until Beatsource and Beatport agree a new licence agreement with the major labels.

I think Traktor would need to implement live stems for it to work though, as they currently don't encrypt the stems files that are created locally on your laptop.

• Wearezohal
    Wearezohal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Stem generation option does not show on a lot of my local tracks, is there any fix for this?

• eduwinner
    eduwinner Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, after upgrading from traktor 3 to traktor 4, I realized we cannot set "grid" cues (white color). All my analyzed tracks from traktor 3 has a white cue which means "grid" and they are shown in traktor 4, but I cannot create more white cues as grid, the option has disappeared:

Will "Grid" be added as it was in Traktor 3?

This discussion has been closed.