maschine 2 not responding when previewing groups

sijaffer
sijaffer Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

HI,

Maschine 2 freezes when I am trying to preview any samples or instrument sounds. This happens when previewing on an empty or new project. I dont get this error when I have preloaded a project.

Maschine 2.15.0

OSX 12.13.1

Max Studio

Comments

• sijaffer

Here is a screen recording of what am experiencing. there is no audio but you can see what it freezes once I open an empty project and start to change the group selections. Also, I have the same problem on another laptop M1 Max as well.

• Jesse J
    Jesse J Member Posts: 12 Member

Was having the same issue , I ended up having to rollback to Maschine 2 version 214

• Nick Hess
    Nick Hess Member Posts: 3 Member

Having the same issue on M1 Max MBP

• seadragon
    seadragon Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2022

Same thing here. Absolutely frustrating! I also show many missing icons for various libraries. How does one downgrade to 2.14?

M1 Max MBP

• sijaffer

This helped me fix the missing icons..

BUT, remember to also give Full Disk Access to Maschine, and then try to re-install the libraries, that help me also.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

After an update if Maschine hangs, giving a full disk access or following this article MASCHINE 2 Crashes usually does the trick. Does it work for any of you reporting this issue here?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Hi @seadragon if you need to downgrade, you can get the installer from Jeremy's comment here.

• seadragon
    edited April 2022

Hi @Kaiwan_NI , I gave Maschine full disk access but that didn’t seem to make s difference. I ended up removing my entire NI installation (which is large as I have Komplete 13 Collectors Edition) and redownloading everything which should finish sometime today. In addition to the previews crashing, I also had several libraries showing the missing icon.

it’s only the previews that would cause the crash. I could drag any group, sound or instrument into the project snd use them. But previewing them would cause the software to hang.

• seadragon

Well, after reinstalling my entire NI suite using the default content location, Maschine 2.15 is working. I suspect I didn’t have to go the nuclear route though. I think somehow the preview library was messed up as it was only the previews that were causing it to crash.

I’ve also been reading that the Previews library and Machine Factory Sounds have a different method of moving to an external drive compared to other NI libraries.

• ChampionBot
    ChampionBot Member Posts: 17 Member

I am having this same issue. Everything was working fine the last week or so but as of this morning I get pop/click then freeze every time I attempt to preview any sounds. But only on empty projects. Have tried all of the above suggestions but still having the issue.

• ChampionBot
    ChampionBot Member Posts: 17 Member

I just had a loop playing in the browser while I was deleting elements of a pre loaded project, got right the very last thing which was an fx plugin and was working fine. The very moment i deleted the plugin so the project was completely new and empty, the loop clicked and popped then crashed the software.... ******?