Experiences with storing Komplete 13 on a Jetdrive 330 for a Macbook 2021 M1

JackeduLacke
JackeduLacke Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Native Access

I'm working with Live on a M1 Macbook Pro with only 512GB.I just bought Komplete 13 and i'm thinking about installing this on a Jetdrive light 330 SSD Card for my Mac. It has speed of about 95 mb/s and writing about 50 mb/s. So it a bit slow. Will this be sufficiant to work with Komplete 13 and Live? Anybody experience with Jetdrive 330?

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @JackeduLacke I've never used Jetdrive lite 330 SSD but as long as it has +300GB space I think it should be fine. If the download speed is slow you might wanna check out this article: My Native Access Downloads Are Taking Too Long

• JackeduLacke
    JackeduLacke Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited April 2022

Hi Kaiwan,

thanks for your reply!

Actually my question is more about the speed of the ssd card (jetdrive 330) itself, than the storage space of the card and the internet connection. I would like to now if a ssd card with a reading speed of 95 mb/s and 45 mb/s writing (max) is inough?

If someone asks why this card, it's because if fits perfectly and i don't need to take it out, when i put my macbook in a case.

Would like to know it, before i download 300gm...

kind regards Jacke

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You may try it, an you will see. It is always possible to relocate files to different disc. No need to download it again.

And is it 95 Mb/s or 95 MB/s (the latter is 8 times more)? If it is the latter it should do more or less. It depends. If you use big Kontakt libraries it would be rather slow.