Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

Comments

• xavier GILLES
    xavier GILLES Member Posts: 2 Member

Wouldn't a little detail on the installation procedure be THE MINIMUM to provide ?

Do I have to uninstall current versions ?

And how ?

How do you install these versions ?

Why a Google drive and not just Native Access ?

Do you read the comments that have been asking you the same thing for YEARS ?

• altsven
    altsven Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Hi @Jeremy_NI - I tried installing Hypha 1.0.0 from the link you provided (thank you) but it still won't load in Kontakt Player 6.8.0. Presumably Hypha is a Kontakt 7 only instrument? If so, I'd maybe recommend removing it from the list here just to prevent confusion.
  • Richard Marchand
    Richard Marchand Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 12

sigh... yet another... thing

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,373 Expert

@Jeremy_NI A similar problematic like the one with Kontakt could be arising again: the one with M+.

After updating M+ to be on pair with the desktop versions of the plugins available on both, Massive had an ulterior update to make it NKS2 compatible.

Somebody is already reporting that we are back at the old issue: if the version of the plugins we use on desktop to create patches is ahead of the version existing for M+, the created patches won’t work on the standalone.

Could we have another thread (similar to this one) where you post links to the plugins available for M+ with the same (older) versions for desktop? At least until someone at NI decide this kind of situations should be managed better (updating simultaneously desktop and standalone versions or providing previous compatible versions without having to ask for them).

At the moment it could be the case only for Massive, which had an update in the last weeks, but I suspect soon the situation will be back again to what we had before (if other updates desktop only arise)

• guyvandergraaf
    guyvandergraaf Member Posts: 8 Member

there is Any NI support here?

so, It is not possible to install any file from the list you are shared here!!

The Mac installer said that teethe software need to be updated and to go forward to contact the NI!!

so, please do you love this issue for Us or we need to sell all the NI staff and forget about you???? Elektron is much serious when we costumer need help!!! you just give a list of staff to do that not solve the problem!!!

First: MAKE A PROPER UNISTALLER APPLICATION to ERASE ALL THE STAFF FROM OUR HARDDRIVE BECAUSE full of ghost file stay on it after have followed your advised procedure!!!

Second: I PAID FOR STAFF THAT DO NOT WORK ON MY OPERATING SYSTEM AND I WANT ACCESS in NATIVE ACCESS to all VERSION THAT I BUYED OVER YEARS....not only the UPDATED ONE!!!! make possible in Native Access to have previous version and also the UNISTALL APP!!!

PLEASEEEEEEE

• guyvandergraaf
    guyvandergraaf Member Posts: 8 Member

SOON YOU WILL LOOSE ME AS A YUOR COSTUMER!!!! and like me THOUSAND LIKE ME!!! I SPENT HOURS AND HOURS to fix this full mess and I did not yet...in spite to PLAY MUSICCCCCCCC !!!! it is unacceptable this!!!

• Phillip
    Phillip Member Posts: 4 Member

Thank You For This ! 😎

As I only have Kontakt 6 ! 😎

• Phillip

Hypha 1.0.0 is not compatible with my version of Kontakt 6.8.0 or Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 on Mac OS 10.14.6. 😪

It can not even be seen in browser of Kontakt 6.8.0 but, can be seen in browser of Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 but, it will not load patches. 😪

Mac Pro 2012

Please help ! 🙄

• Phillip

All other files worked ! 😎

• MrFresh
    MrFresh Member Posts: 54 Member

This is because Hypha was mistakenly shown in the original list. It is a Kontakt 7 instrument and not backwards compatible.

• Pardzz1
    Pardzz1 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Do I need to uninstall them first or can i just immediately just downgrade it by running these installers?

• Pardzz1

never mind i just ran these installers and it downgrades it no need to tamper with uninstall or the actual library files

• jacksondreyer
    jacksondreyer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This is ridiculous. I paid for these instruments, use Kontakt all the time, and I got the "your version of Kontakt is too old" error. Not true! I have downloaded and redownloaded 7 Player, all four string instruments' 25 gigs multiple times, and finally using these links you provided us, my Mac won't even open them up! I need to use these damn strings I spent hundreds on to finish a record, and I can't afford another digital instrument now, but these don't even work. PLEASE email me back, NI. I need you to give me what I paid for.

• Phillip
  • Pardzz1

bro install them as you would normally from native access and then after the latest version is installed then you run the files on this thread to downgrade em