Major problems since upgrading to an M1 Max Macbook
Hi all, new to the forum here and a big hello! Love the Maschine MK3. It really is something :-D
However, I am currently having a pretty terrible time with my setup since upgrading to a new M1 Macbook Pro. Has anyone else experienced any of the following problems I am?
1) When browsing through sounds, suddenly (after 10-20 scans) I will just get a high pitch constant noise (continual beep) that doesn't go away without rebooting the software and hardware. Fairly sure it's only happened through the speakers feeding from the line out. Hoping it doesn't get me in headphones :-/
2) The Maschine 2 software is glitchy and crashes often no matter what I'm doing at the time.
3) I can no longer use the mic in or line in to record samples. I have the settings exactly the same as another Intel Macbook and that one works as normal.
4) I can't set buffer size to any lower than 256 without crackling. I would imagine this computer is capable of better latency settings?
All in all, really frustrated that this system just doesn't work well at all. I went mad on a spec for the M1 Max, 64GB and 4TB SSD so I could store all of the sounds on it in the hope it would be speedy. Anyone had similar issues? I'm going to try an older Macbook laptop from 2013 and see how I get on.
- 4K All Categories
- 16 Welcome
- 197 Hangout
- 30 NI News
- 90 Tech Talks
- 345 Native Access
- 1.8K Komplete
- 211 Komplete General
- 399 Komplete Kontrol
- 689 Kontakt
- 215 Reaktor
- 55 Battery 4
- 114 Guitar Rig & FX
- 89 Massive X & Synths
- 65 Other Software & Hardware
- 971 Maschine
- 9 Sampling Room
- 779 Traktor
- 682 Traktor Software & Hardware