Feedback - Komplete Kontrol 3.0

Comments

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

There's a whole bunch of stuff is now on SAM. Check your Steinberg account for upgrade vouchers. The only thing I have that's not on SAM is a set of VST sound loops.

-- Mike

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,776 mod
    edited November 2023

well, that "somebody" who wrote "NI people not being musicians" (obviously i meant the programmers and not everyone on NI! ...also i wrote a "maybe", as a kind of metaphor...) it is probably me (and my big mouth 😋 ...usually i regret such comments later, but i prefer not to edit the comment, for lets say, "transparency" reasons)... either way in that case i stand by it, but not in the way that it sounds! What i meant was different, it had to do mostly with the "sensitivity" of a musician, who at least at my times, was more an "activist", a "care for the others" kind of person, rather than a "programmer" (or a businessman)... well, forgive my "oldschoolness" please and, if i may suggest, maybe we should all use Personal Messaging instead of post comments for such kind of "personal" debates... (21 comments non-relative to the thread is a kind of "too much", imo)... Cheers! :-)

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

Many of our executives are in fact musical. Some are even gigging musicians, either in a band, or as a DJ, let alone their own productions at home. Some have Soundclouds that no, I won't be sharing :-).

• Matthew_NI

Anyway - let's get back on topic. Komplete Kontrol 3!

It's been a while since you've heard from me as I took some time off, so I thought I'd rejoin by clarifying where we're at regarding updates.

The last KK3 roadmap related update I'd offered mentioned the following issues as some of the next-up topics.

• Browser resizing (a la Kontakt 7).
    • Memory usage (general, continued improvements).
    • ScanApp (general, continued improvements).
    • Browser sample import (re-add a way to important samples from browser into host content).
    • Browser tagging (re-add tag editing capabilities).

As of now:

• We're a few days away from Browser resizing hitting beta. How soon it ships really depends on the initial feedback and test coverage.
    • The next update will also contain a variety of other fixes and improvements.
    • KK 3.0.2 resolved some CPU and Memory usage issues (there is still continued work on the docket).
    • KK 3.0.1 resolve an issue with ScanApp database handling for KK 2.9 vs KK 3.0.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru
    edited November 2023

Thanks for the update....

Looking forward to the Browser resizing soon!

And as for the upcoming method for Browser sample import.. it would be awesome if this also incorporated seeing the Browser (with found presets) in the same window as hosted content (as s simplified "selected preset pane"l showing first 8 macros and an on-screen keyboard).

Something like this rough mock-up I made:

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 282 Pro
    edited November 2023

Komplete Kontrol Feedback for KK 3.0.2

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 / Windows 11 Pro / 64 gb Ram

Just wanted to report that this update leveled the playing for resource use between 2.9.6 and 3.0.2

Scenario: Large templete with 61 KK single instances loaded.

This does not speak to the instability/frequent crashing which is rendering 3.0 unusable for me and only several days of use will tell that tale. I will report back on this.

But well done NI Team with getting this aspect sorted out in very short order.

• nightjar

And further down the road... my "vote" for next direct connect app to S-MK3 is Massive X.

This would seem the most forward-thinking choice.

If both Kontakt and Massive X were direct connect, there would be much less need for KK3 software at all.

Users would have Direct usage of NI's current leading tools for both sample-based instruments & synthesized instruments.

• Matthew_NI

Interestingly, Massive is used almost as much as Massive X. They're essentially as popular as one another.

Also, Kontakt instruments account for about 2/3 of the usage in KK. The remaining 1/3 is split between many VST plug-ins, 1st or 3rd party.

I hope that rudimentary datapoint helps shed some light on why we focussed on Kontakt first. Where we go next is still in planning, but there are ideas (such as yours) floating around.

• nightjar

I suggested Massive X over Massive based on future development rather than current usage percentage. I am presuming that Massive X has a more active team thinking about its evolution vs anyone working on Massive.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

Thank you for stepping forward. A note, though on private messaging. I don't do it. In fact, it should be turned "off" in my profile. Many years ago, I had a bad experience with one or more fellow forum members. Threats and insults that were never dealt with by moderators or the company hosting that forum. It was hard to even tell if my antagonist was just one person, or if it was multiple people who decided to group-attack me. Mods didn't want to get involved, possibly because they were private messages. No, it was not Native Instruments. But since then, I only post publicly.

Thanks again for stepping forward and explaining your thought process.

@Matthew_NI - Thank you for the note about how leadership and musicianship often go together. Also thank you for the recap post.

Oh, and welcome back!

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

Wow, interesting! So are Massive and Massive X developed by different teams? Or do some team members overlap both?

Oh and a note: Since it's more apparent now that NI actually uses the usage statistics, I've started leaving it turned on in settings/options. I usually shut it off if nothing is ever shared with the user community, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...so maybe pass that on to your colleagues.

• Matthew_NI

Makes sense - it's actually the same team responsible for a lot of our synths. They're currently patching Massive and Massive X (I think the Massive X patch launched a couple of weeks ago).

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru
  • Matthew_NI

We wouldn't do a public beta, if that's what you're asking. We'd just ship it to all users when ready. What do you have in mind?

This discussion has been closed.