Feedback - Komplete Kontrol 3.0

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 255 Pro
    Options

@Sunborn said...

If this was an attempt to steal my first place in the leader board, it is really pathetic. But hey, thanks for the birthday "gift"!

Seriously?? What a joke.

I didn't even know I could mark your post as abuse. Shows how much I know! So I went back and re-read your post and concluded it served no purpose other than to stir up s**t which is why you now have 3 flags!

By the way, no one is standing up for the other guy. I think we can all agree that his posts were a good example of how NOT to post. But I still think that he did it in the heat of the moment and likely regrets the way he handled it. And he is now getting help to piece everything back together in another thread.

You, on the other hand my friend, are something else entirely. So you fancy yourself as what, some kind of ring leader in your little forum gang or something? We this and we that and we will say what we want, whenever we want and we will never say sorry, blah, blah, blah.

How old are you? You really need to get a life.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 239 Advisor
    Options

@Sunborn - OK thanks for that. Appreciate it in the open too, so Im taking it wasn't aimed at me so Im good with that.

As to "censorship" it appears after reading the terms, in a way we are all sensored. Its a fine line I guess. I have great respect for those who willingly share their knowledge but when its done in a condescending way, it all gets ruined. We all start somewhere and the biggest point to this is that NI still gets their money from people no matter what their knowledge level.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 387 Pro
    Options

ozon

These two issues, which I found by one first trial, are indicative that there were no tests executed with focus on backwards compatibility.

I think one of the problems is that I think the radio box 'Always use latest version of the software' is checked by default in options.

If I remember correctly from when I had issues, it was rather distressing in that it nuked my previous settings, and it was quite a distressing 'learning curve'

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,363 Expert
    Options

@tempsperdu

I think one of the problems is that I think the radio box 'Always use latest version of the software' is checked by default in options.

Thank you very much for giving this some thought. If I understand correctly, you are referring to a setting of Komplete Kontrol, which toggles what version of the wrapped plugin (Kontakt, Massive, Reaktor) KK uses internally. But this wouldn’t (shouldn’t?) have an impact on what version of the Komlete Kontrol VST the host (Cubase in my case) loads at startup, does it?

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 387 Pro
    Options

As far as I know if the radio box is checked I would have thought that regardless of host, when KK or even Maschine or Kontakt etc are invoked, then it would bring up the latest version of the software, not necessarily the one used to make the initial edits. The problem then being if there's no full backward compatibility, it probably can't read the values properly, and they become lost, so even reopening in an older version, once opened in a newer version, the settings are no longer there.

This is not something anyone is going to think about until they've suffered the sometimes catastrophic results.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,968 Guru
    Options

Some people were not kidding when they say that some, only some forums give that signal of an echo chamber.

I guess they were right.

I still like the NI products tho, they are in general amazing, but unfortunately, people who think differently or have some constructive criticism will either get sent to the shadow realm (not really) or even have their questions deleted.

There was a forum about someone who said that NI is the Medusa of the plugin industry.

Basically swallowing up other companies who make similar products such as Izotope.

But I am sure they are not the only company that does this tactic (looks at Disney and Electronic Arts).

But at least NI actually has great deals and amazing products, and I use them with joy and excitement!

But still, NI really needs to change their system at least a little bit.

If you make instruments or if you work for NI and you are reading this, please treat other companies and your own users with a bit more respect.

I am not saying this out of hate.

Only out of love.

This discussion has been closed.