Feedback - Komplete Kontrol 3.0

Comments

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

I was thinking the same thing, but if memory serves, only Cubase and (maybe?) Nuendo use the new Steinberg Licensing. Their other products such as Wavelab, Absolute, Groove Agent, etc, probably will get converted to Steinberg License as they get updated/upgraded.

But yeah, I think that's the area of trouble for that user.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,408 Expert
    edited November 2023

Ok. As you want.

Maybe “Even saying something like "I don't think they're musicians like they were in the past" is mean and may even reveal one's ignorance.” has another reading level that I can’t understand

• BIF

No, really. It doesn't sound like something I would say. I just don't have time to go back through 27 pages of forum posts right now.

• LostInFoundation
    edited November 2023

I quoted it for you, so you don’t have to go back.

But this is going to far and derailing the tread, so let’s call it a draw

• BIF

Sorry, still not seeing it.

• BIF

Well, it bugs me because it's not like me to call somebody "ignorant". So if you quoted it, then it will be in one of your posts, right? Which post? Or which post of mine did it appear in?

• LostInFoundation

Refresh and read 3 posts ago. The one saying “ok as you want”

• BIF

I did. Your quoted text has me saying nothing about anybody being ignorant. If you disagree and you think I DID say that, or if I was somehow implying such a thing, you'll have to explain it in detail.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

No there’s more, I have Wavelab, Halion and Padshop 2 on it as well.

• BIF

Aaaah, okay I get it now.

I don't recall if YOU were the one who made that comment about NI people not being musicians, but SOMEBODY did. And I called that out as a mean and possibly ignorant comment. And yes, I do stand by that.

• BIF

Hah, maybe there are Wavelab and Padshop updates I should go get...

Thanks!

• LostInFoundation

As I said, as you want. No problem.

It’s me who can’t understand

👍🏼

• BIF

Look, I respect you so I'll add some more context. Again, I don't remember who made the original comment, but somebody did make some statements that could be read in a way to mean that he/she thought that the NI developers were completely incompetent and probably not even musicians.

That's just not right.

And as a manager/leader myself, I know that the LAST thing any team needs at such a time of stress is a bunch of people on a forum just piling on and piling on, and THEN making unfair, untrue, or insulting accusations. All at NI have had a challenging launch. Yes, customers were hurt by this, including myself. But at least this is not critical life-support equipment used to keep people alive. So I've chosen to give NI some grace on this nightmare. They will learn from this.

Anyhow, at this point I don't remember the exact quote and I sure don't remember who said it. Right now I don't have the time or the desire to dig back through (now almost) 28 pages of posts just to prove I'm right. Besides that, that person could have possibly changed their comment by now and if nobody else quoted it, then my efforts would be fruitless anyway. And we all have more important things to do this day anyhow, right?

So I'll just close with this: I'm not just going to say to somebody "you're ignorant." But I CAN and WILL call out a statement that I think was mean, insulting, or ignorant. You know, "hate the behavior, not the person", as it were.

I hope we can all move forward from this, including the person who made that original comment. Right now I would like to consider the matter closed.

• sacer11
    sacer11 Member Posts: 57 Helper

I think the CEO of Soundwise are no musician, they are only interested in big money and have turned developers into pr and marketing - that’s no insult but my experience in latest development, support and usability

This discussion has been closed.