2023 the year of new Traktor hardware?

Options
124»

Comments

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

They’ve been making comments like this, even a few saying that it would be releasing in the fall, since right before Covid. To this day we have yet to see a preview of the vaporware they tease.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

My thoughts. 4.0 or what ever the new version will be won’t even be out for the fall so I can’t see hardware being released. November time could be a decent time frame but not before I don’t think.

• Mosquito
    Mosquito Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited August 2023
    Options

I would like to make my suggestion to an upcoming iteration of the Traktor S-controls. I really love how the Sample/Stem-Decks are integrated into the system/mixer. I'm a fan of those features since day one, because they give me the perfect tool for my (re)mixing style. Continuing this feature ist most important for me over anything else. My biggest concern today is the unstable software. A software crash (or freeze) has ruined at least 3 times the whole party. That's why I heavily lost trust in using this software on stage. A full dedicated version which didn't need the software running on a computer at all would be insane and is for me the minimum criteria to get back the trust for using traktor at an event.

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

So what are everyone's thoughts on the new Traktor X1?

I think it looks like a fantastic upgrade to the X2mk2, but damn I was really hoping for a new d2 size controller with big screens etc.

Maybe they'll release something else soon...?

• Casper's Kitchen
    Casper's Kitchen Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Love to see a new Z1mk3. And a D2mk2...with or without Jogs, but with Waveform Displays.

Or a badass Standalone device

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 161 Pro
    Options

Personally, to me it is a very good-looking controller, well laid out. But I wouldn't preorder it, because modular is like a jigsaw puzzle and it can't be one piece and without knowing what the rest of the puzzle looks like I wouldn't invest my money without see what the full picture of the puzzle will looks like when fully assembled. Also, with the uncertainty of Traktor Pro 3/4 development road map. Even though we were given a road map the rate at which it gets updated doesn't give you a sense of confidence to invest your money. I understand why the next updated was internal to keep the secrecy of the new X1 controller. If the new update is just the integration of the new X1 controller a lot of users will be disappointed.

• tibq67
    tibq67 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I would be more optimistic in this regard because I own an x1mk2 and already this controller is extremely capable, if I were to think about buying a mobile DJ in the future, it would definitely be 2x x1mk3 and a z1, I also have a Z2, but this seems like a very good alternative to PIONEER CDJ and DJM and at a much better price

• DJFriendZone
    DJFriendZone Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Well now I’m starting to get a bit excited about the possibility of a new Z2 (I would personally like paddles but I’ll take what I can get).

I also see an opportunity for a new battle style controller with a similar mixer layout; these are getting popular as well (look at the Rev series, Rane One, etc).

• Tobiaswik
    Tobiaswik Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Man just debating getting the S4. But with new X1 and S keyboard will a new traktor finally arrive? Been a few years now since mk3 came out...

• LAPart
    LAPart Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Maybe in 2024?

• PadMac
    PadMac Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I think a lot of people are looking at this all wrong.

Traktor seem to be investing more in modular rather than dj controllers. This is evident with their latest release.

The S3 and the S2mk3 were just upgrades to fill a gap, a lot of new djs go to this range first because of the price point, this keeps a fresh turn over of new blood.

The S4 mk3 is an outstanding piece of kit, especially if your background is production, which mine is.

I don't personally think we'll see any new jog wheel dj controllers from traktor for a while. Their focus is on modular, and personally I'm happy with that, for the same reason I don't buy iPhone, you spend £1000 on a new one and 6 weeks later there is a new one.. or am I thinking of Pioneer? 😜. I originally came from the Pioneer stable, but got sick of a new release every 6 months, so a good friend and pro dj recommended Traktor, and I'm so glad he did.. I haven't looked back. Traktor don't release hardware just for the sake of it, they release it when they have a significant new technology on offer that really benefits the community.

That's just my opinion and take on it.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 236 Pro
    Options

Again - Traktor was ahead of the game with modular controllers.

Z1 + F1 + X1? That's a hell of a combo! If only, IF ONLY, there was a modular PLAYER controller.