Comments

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options
  • Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper
    Options

nah. I now reckon its a glitch in their Google Ads account 😓

@Kaiwan_NI might want to raise this with the Aussie marketing team.

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I hate to compare offering from different brands, but with the release of the Opus Quad from Pioneer they have finally got something which can almost be compared to the Traktor platform.

It's not perfect and it is expensive, but once they integrate third party streaming services the argument for having a laptop at all starts to become difficult to make.

So many people get through their lives these days solely with their iPhone and maybe an iPad for consuming media.

I would really love to be blown away by something really special from NI this year, and I hope it happens, but it is certainly beginning to feel like the laptop is now a barrier between you and djing music rather than a greater access path like it previously was.

Sure many want to collect and maintain your own music collection still, but this will slowly fade off into the sunset for the majority of users.

• daflux
    daflux Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

please native bring a new controller s4mk4 larger jog wheels and display, also 4 screens for each deck. I'd be happy to pay the price for it, but please bring something new. s4mk3 is limited in some things and after 5 years it's getting a bit old. please new controller

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

While the Opus Quad is nice and all, I get that a lot of DJs want a stand-alone media player. That doesn't do anything for us DVS users.

• Datboidungeon
    Datboidungeon Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 2023
    Options

I think a culmination of a few wants here. Can we get a stand alone mixer media player like Q Berts Invader Mixer Prototype? When I heard NI was making Traktor 3 into an OS I was so certain they would be releasing the invader but i havent heard a word about the invader since 2019.

I personally think we turntablists deserve a stand alone media player, with innofaders preferably and a celebrity endorsement from the most visionary traktor user to date arguably. Throw In a free dirt stylez ni sample pack and some thud rumble traktor time codes while you're at It, a special 7 inch edition even for the mobile traktor release (🧚and I'm off to nevernever land now). Idk, I will sign a petition or whatever NI need. Lol. Nucs are so CHEAP now come ooooon guys...

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

Why not attach a nuc+screen/surface to a Z2 by yourself?

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Still really relevant. With joes QLM mod and Tekkens tsi mapping brings the controller up to present date for me. For example, having the the ability to instant double which is really cool for stems, instrumental on one deck and acapella on the other with ability to affect just the vocal using pad fx. So cool.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,767 mod
    Options

There is a Dry/Wet and On/Off for every stem/slot as well, so no need to use a second deck. I'm forgetting if Joe made it accessible. But it's there in the software and can be mapped or coded. Just saying. 🐭

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

I sincerely hope there will be NO new hardware, cause this will mean they will abandon the ones people have paid for.

SPECIALLY no NEW D2…their discontinuing it (without any reason, they are good controllers) after barely one year they announced it still burns in my chest (and in my wallet). Making new ones would really feel like they’re making fun of us (and our money)

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,767 mod
    Options

Yup. Support for what is already there and some adjustments to iron out the years-old kinks would be what i would like as well. Planned obsolesence is the last thing NI customers (and the planet) need.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options

Would kill for more single deck options, don't even care if it's not stand alone.

• LostInFoundation
    Options
  • Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    Options

@Oxy Quite funny how in these days 8 years make something “so old”. I remember the days when my dad at the question “can we buy a new TV?” answered me “it’s new. I just bought it 20 years ago” 😂😂😂

But you’re quite elastic, since NI thought they were too old after only 1 year 😂😂😂