2023 the year of new Traktor hardware?

Ok it's minute since I last asked the question.

Are we going to see new Traktor hardware this year? A new standalone or perhaps (please) modular controllers D2 mk2 maybe?

Comments

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 228 Pro
    edited December 2022

The only new h/w we desperately need, and, that NI should be working on, is:

2 Channel Battle Mixer

Sequencer for the Pattern Player (like this https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/akai-fire-fl-studio-controller?gclid=CjwKCAiAqaWdBhAvEiwAGAQltthXBRDuxhOxOhgVgPwbpI1zPOHZTUATgB00ViK_lXVvV1ROUTerFhoCAmYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

The combination of those 2 devices, would be JOY to play on.

I genuinely hope that NI has plans to expand on the pattern player, and will allo integration with the Akai controller/produce a similar controller for the Pattern Player.

That will actually make the Pattern Player useful. That’ll give us PROPER, ON-THE-FLY, LIVE REMIXING and improvisation.👌🏻

I’ve got a lot of ideas about what the Pattern Player needs to be. I’m very worried that it’ll remain locked to NI content only…

C’mon NI! Tell us what the end game is with the Pattern Player!!!

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I think there will be new hard ware. If all or the most annoying pesky bugs can be dealt with (flickering browser, streaming load and bass transient issues, s4 mk3 drift) I think once real time stems hits I presume in 4.0, I really think we will see new hard ware. I’m going to get a m1 or m2 Mac anyways to future proof myself for years to come.

• Dj Mayo
    Dj Mayo Member Posts: 16 Member

No news about new hardware?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,332 Expert

Would be cool, but I doubt it.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor

I've been thinking about traktor pro and devices for a while about things that keep my creativity low. I'm trying to share a few things here, but I saw from the comments that the company never sees the people here. There are those who say they don't have money, there are those who say they don't have engineers, and there are those who say they can't make money from us. but no sound from them. I hope they see this message and I want to convey that I love them very much, at least blink for once :)

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

They had maschine Jam if they would consider to make maschine hw work with Traktor (and viceversa) but instead listen users, they had doubled teams (now fired, includding hw designers etc). Also they could implement something with F1 (maybe syncing 4 of them or whatever) but they just revamped midi fighter twister ideas into their remix decks sequence (also with D2) to just ending ditching all for Smk3 series jog-centric again… fail after fail killing all the user base (which was diverse instead the more uniform Serato/rekordbox user base and even they get Roland dj controllers with tr sequencer…)

So my advice, just get a hw groovebox and map it to remix decks (I did it back in the day) and you will get an amazing scratchable groovebox…

• Dj Mayo
    Dj Mayo Member Posts: 16 Member

I'm finally on the way to buy an S4 mk3, should I wait for some new hardware?

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    edited February 2023

You will expend that money better buying a chair or invest better your time crafting the chair with your own hands so Ron Swanson and me will be both proud of you.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Get yourself a s4 mk3. Fantastic controller that will be relevant with Traktor Pro for years to come.

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper

NI probably won't announce anything until this year's winter NAMM show.

• Michael Niotakis
    Michael Niotakis Member Posts: 54 Helper

All day Google Shopping has been showing heavily discounted NI gear here in Australia though it's not reflected in the store as yet. NI Store might be in different time zone. Clearing outgoing stock?

• Hugin
    Hugin Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2023

One can always hope but I`m not holding my breath.

But if im gonna add my 2 cents.

I would love to see the D2 back. a 4 channel mixer, could be the Z2 with added channel strips even. ditching the rotary only control of +2 channels and adding a eq.

Post fader effekts on the mixer would be nice also.

And please of please give us support for Soundswitch like serato and Denon has.

I mean I use my gear for club gigs etc and tbh I am tempted to switch to serato or Denon atm but being a long time user and knowing all my gear and the software like I do I would much rather stay with NI.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod

Z2 FX can be set to post-fader in the software. Totally agree on the D2 production and support.

• Ashley Brown
    Ashley Brown Member Posts: 13 Member

Yes, I just saw this in my google feed too, checked the site and didn’t see the corresponding discounts and came here to see if anyone knows what’s happening.

S4 Mk 3 down from A$1499 to A$999…

Sign of a stock clear out before announcing new gear perhaps? Or am I being too optimistic! ;)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,332 Expert

Still up in EU as far as I can see.